Re: A PROCLAMATION!!

  • Robert Boynton
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 26, 2003
      Bill

      Perhaps make an offer to do some of his family tree, and present it to him
      on the day he makes his formal announcement.

      RB
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 26, 2003
        Good job Bill. Having worked on this kind of thing many times for a number of different groups, I thought I'd reply with a
        few ideas. First, you need to find out from the Mayor's assistant when he might be available...is he even in town that
        week or the week prior. Then, if there is a centennarian in the group who has five generations of family, that would make
        a great story and photo op for the Mayor and the media would love that kind of story.

        Jeff Collins of the Eyeopener on CBC radio would be a good one to contact. If there are some displays, or tours, or
        lectures lined up for that week, be sure to let the media know fairly soon and then follow it up the week before. The
        Herald Lifestyles and City Section Editors are good to contact too.

        Good Luck!!!

        Dodie Spittal

        william campbell wrote:

        > Hi Folks:
        >
        > Members of the AFHS and all who share our zeal for family history research will be pleased to kmow that our application
        > to the City of Calgary has succeeded.
        >
        > THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 19th, 2003 will be proclaimed 'FAMILY HISTORY WEEK', by the Mayor and Council.
        >
        > Does that make you feel like we have finally 'Come Of Age'?
        >
        > We plan to appeal to Mayor Bronconnier to make a formal presentation of the Proclamation, hopefully on camera.
        >
        > If anyone has any suggestions on how we might best make use of this benchmark, please don't hesitate to offer your
        > ideas. We will certainly advise the print and electronic media of this important event.
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Bill
        >
        > --
        > William A. Campbell
        > Calgary, Alberta, Canada

      • Helen Backhouse
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 26, 2003
          Great news Bill, thank you for all the work you do for AFHS.
          Helen

          > Members of the AFHS and all who share our zeal for family history research
          will be pleased to kmow that our application
          > to the City of Calgary has succeeded.
          >
          > THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 19th, 2003 will be proclaimed 'FAMILY HISTORY WEEK',
          by the Mayor and Council.

          > Does that make you feel like we have finally 'Come Of Age'?
          >
          > We plan to appeal to Mayor Bronconnier to make a formal presentation of
          the Proclamation, hopefully on camera.

          > If anyone has any suggestions on how we might best make use of this
          benchmark, please don't hesitate to offer your
          > ideas. We will certainly advise the print and electronic media of this
          important event.

          > Cheers
          >
          > Bill
          >
          > --
          > William A. Campbell
          > Calgary, Alberta, Canada

        • Carol Lee
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 26, 2003
            Bill,
            You do a fantastic job. We will have to raise your salary.

            The "A" Channel seems to love things like that as well.

            Carol Lee
            http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          • Bill Mumford
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 26, 2003
              > Bill,
              > You do a fantastic job. We will have to raise your salary.

              Aw.. go ahead, double it. <G>

              Cheers

              The other Bill
              http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            • william campbell
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 29, 2003
                Thanks Xenia. But, it's fun!

                Bill

                Xenia Stanford wrote:

                > Hi Bill,
                >
                > You are an incredible PR person. You make things happen!
                >
                > Xenia

                William A. Campbell
                Calgary, Alberta, Canada

                http://www.afhs.ab.ca
              • Frank Morrow
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 29, 2003
                  Congratulations, Bill, for going above & beyond!
                  Just as long as you realize the danger of doing a superlative job......................as
                  an example look at Judii the Webmeister.