A PROCLAMATION!!

  • william campbell
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 25, 2003
      Hi Folks:

      Members of the AFHS and all who share our zeal for family history research will be pleased to kmow that our application
      to the City of Calgary has succeeded.

      THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 19th, 2003 will be proclaimed 'FAMILY HISTORY WEEK', by the Mayor and Council.

      Does that make you feel like we have finally 'Come Of Age'?

      We plan to appeal to Mayor Bronconnier to make a formal presentation of the Proclamation, hopefully on camera.

      If anyone has any suggestions on how we might best make use of this benchmark, please don't hesitate to offer your
      ideas. We will certainly advise the print and electronic media of this important event.

      Cheers

      Bill

      --
      William A. Campbell
      Calgary, Alberta, Canada

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 25, 2003
        Hi Bill,

        You are an incredible PR person. You make things happen!

        Xenia

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 26, 2003
          Well done Bill!!

          > Members of the AFHS and all who share our zeal for family history research
          will be pleased to kmow that our application
          > to the City of Calgary has succeeded.
          >
          > THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 19th, 2003 will be proclaimed 'FAMILY HISTORY WEEK',
          by the Mayor and Council.

          > Does that make you feel like we have finally 'Come Of Age'?
          >
          > We plan to appeal to Mayor Bronconnier to make a formal presentation of
          the Proclamation, hopefully on camera.

          > If anyone has any suggestions on how we might best make use of this
          benchmark, please don't hesitate to offer your
          > ideas. We will certainly advise the print and electronic media of this
          important event.

          > Cheers
          >
          > Bill
          >
          > --
          > William A. Campbell
          > Calgary, Alberta, Canada

        • Gord Hulbert
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 26, 2003
            Way to go!!

            > Members of the AFHS and all who share our zeal for family history research
            will be pleased to kmow that our application
            > to the City of Calgary has succeeded.
            >
            > THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 19th, 2003 will be proclaimed 'FAMILY HISTORY WEEK',
            by the Mayor and Council.

            > Does that make you feel like we have finally 'Come Of Age'?
            >
            > We plan to appeal to Mayor Bronconnier to make a formal presentation of
            the Proclamation, hopefully on camera.

            > If anyone has any suggestions on how we might best make use of this
            benchmark, please don't hesitate to offer your
            > ideas. We will certainly advise the print and electronic media of this
            important event.

            > Cheers
            >
            > Bill
            >
            > --
            > William A. Campbell
            > Calgary, Alberta, Canada

          • Robert Boynton
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 26, 2003
              Bill

              Perhaps make an offer to do some of his family tree, and present it to him
              on the day he makes his formal announcement.

              RB
              > Members of the AFHS and all who share our zeal for family history research
              will be pleased to kmow that our application
              > to the City of Calgary has succeeded.
              >
              > THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 19th, 2003 will be proclaimed 'FAMILY HISTORY WEEK',
              by the Mayor and Council.

              > Does that make you feel like we have finally 'Come Of Age'?
              >
              > We plan to appeal to Mayor Bronconnier to make a formal presentation of
              the Proclamation, hopefully on camera.

              > If anyone has any suggestions on how we might best make use of this
              benchmark, please don't hesitate to offer your
              > ideas. We will certainly advise the print and electronic media of this
              important event.

              > Cheers
              >
              > Bill
              >
              > --
              > William A. Campbell
              > Calgary, Alberta, Canada

            • Bob & Dodie Spittal
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 26, 2003
                Good job Bill. Having worked on this kind of thing many times for a number of different groups, I thought I'd reply with a
                few ideas. First, you need to find out from the Mayor's assistant when he might be available...is he even in town that
                week or the week prior. Then, if there is a centennarian in the group who has five generations of family, that would make
                a great story and photo op for the Mayor and the media would love that kind of story.

                Jeff Collins of the Eyeopener on CBC radio would be a good one to contact. If there are some displays, or tours, or
                lectures lined up for that week, be sure to let the media know fairly soon and then follow it up the week before. The
                Herald Lifestyles and City Section Editors are good to contact too.

                Good Luck!!!

                Dodie Spittal

                william campbell wrote:

                > Hi Folks:
                >
                > Members of the AFHS and all who share our zeal for family history research will be pleased to kmow that our application
                > to the City of Calgary has succeeded.
                >
                > THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 19th, 2003 will be proclaimed 'FAMILY HISTORY WEEK', by the Mayor and Council.
                >
                > Does that make you feel like we have finally 'Come Of Age'?
                >
                > We plan to appeal to Mayor Bronconnier to make a formal presentation of the Proclamation, hopefully on camera.
                >
                > If anyone has any suggestions on how we might best make use of this benchmark, please don't hesitate to offer your
                > ideas. We will certainly advise the print and electronic media of this important event.
                >
                > Cheers
                >
                > Bill
                >
                > --
                > William A. Campbell
                > Calgary, Alberta, Canada

              • Helen Backhouse
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 26, 2003
                  Great news Bill, thank you for all the work you do for AFHS.
                  Helen

                  > Members of the AFHS and all who share our zeal for family history research
                  will be pleased to kmow that our application
                  > to the City of Calgary has succeeded.
                  >
                  > THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 19th, 2003 will be proclaimed 'FAMILY HISTORY WEEK',
                  by the Mayor and Council.

                  > Does that make you feel like we have finally 'Come Of Age'?
                  >
                  > We plan to appeal to Mayor Bronconnier to make a formal presentation of
                  the Proclamation, hopefully on camera.

                  > If anyone has any suggestions on how we might best make use of this
                  benchmark, please don't hesitate to offer your
                  > ideas. We will certainly advise the print and electronic media of this
                  important event.

                  > Cheers
                  >
                  > Bill
                  >
                  > --
                  > William A. Campbell
                  > Calgary, Alberta, Canada

                • Carol Lee
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 26, 2003
                    Bill,
                    You do a fantastic job. We will have to raise your salary.

                    The "A" Channel seems to love things like that as well.

                    Carol Lee
                    http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                  • Bill Mumford
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 26, 2003
                      > Bill,
                      > You do a fantastic job. We will have to raise your salary.

                      Aw.. go ahead, double it. <G>

                      Cheers

                      The other Bill
                      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                    • william campbell
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 29, 2003
                        Thanks Xenia. But, it's fun!

                        Bill

                        Xenia Stanford wrote:

                        > Hi Bill,
                        >
                        > You are an incredible PR person. You make things happen!
                        >
                        > Xenia

                        William A. Campbell
                        Calgary, Alberta, Canada

                        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                      • Frank Morrow
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 29, 2003
                          Congratulations, Bill, for going above & beyond!
                          Just as long as you realize the danger of doing a superlative job......................as
                          an example look at Judii the Webmeister.