1901 Census Online - Tips

  • Rene
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 29, 2002
      Hi Everyone:

      The online census is still working! Amazing isn't it?

      I am collecting tips passed on by members of the UK Census Mailing List
      such as:

      > If you don't want to spend a fortune all at once, but can't wait to
      get the data, you can find out who is related to whom for free by using
      the personal ID number which can be viewed by placing the mouse over the
      highlighted name and right clicking. People with consecutive ID nos
      probably live in the same house.

      > It is not "good" family history to do this as the information is
      incomplete. However it is a useful guide and a help to prioritise
      without spending all in one go.

      These tips are being assembled in a Microsoft Word document.
      Unfortunately, I can't send it as an attachment to our list but if
      anyone wants a copy I shall be pleased to send it to your personal
      e-mail address.

      Rene Dussome

    • Lynda Alderman
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 29, 2002
        Yes, I would like the Census Tips. alderlyn@...
        Thanks.
        The online census is still working! Amazing isn't it?

        I am collecting tips passed on by members of the UK Census Mailing List
        such as:

        > If you don't want to spend a fortune all at once, but can't wait to
        get the data, you can find out who is related to whom for free by using
        the personal ID number which can be viewed by placing the mouse over the
        highlighted name and right clicking. People with consecutive ID nos
        probably live in the same house.

        > It is not "good" family history to do this as the information is
        incomplete. However it is a useful guide and a help to prioritise
        without spending all in one go.

        These tips are being assembled in a Microsoft Word document.
        Unfortunately, I can't send it as an attachment to our list but if
        anyone wants a copy I shall be pleased to send it to your personal
        e-mail address.

        Rene Dussome

      • Dennis & Pat Morey
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 29, 2002
          Yes, I would like the tips.

          Thanks
          Pat Morey

        • Evelyn Brown
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 29, 2002
            Hi Rene: I'd like a copy of 1901 Tips,
            Thank you,
            Evelyn Brown
            evbrown1@...

          • Ken Oram
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 29, 2002
              Hi Rene,

              Wld like to see yours tips just in case

              Thanks

              Kenneth
              > The online census is still working! Amazing isn't it?
              >
              > I am collecting tips passed on by members of the UK Census Mailing List
              > such as:
              >
              > > If you don't want to spend a fortune all at once, but can't wait to
              > get the data, you can find out who is related to whom for free by using
              > the personal ID number which can be viewed by placing the mouse over the
              > highlighted name and right clicking. People with consecutive ID nos
              > probably live in the same house.
              >
              > > It is not "good" family history to do this as the information is
              > incomplete. However it is a useful guide and a help to prioritise
              > without spending all in one go.
              >
              > These tips are being assembled in a Microsoft Word document.
              > Unfortunately, I can't send it as an attachment to our list but if
              > anyone wants a copy I shall be pleased to send it to your personal
              > e-mail address.
              >
              > Rene Dussome
              >

              > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
              > http://www.family-roots.ca

            • Gloria Moore
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 29, 2002
                Could you please send a copy to me. Thank you very much. Gloria Moore.

                Rene wrote:

                > Hi Everyone:
                >
                > The online census is still working! Amazing isn't it?
                >
                > I am collecting tips passed on by members of the UK Census Mailing List
                > such as:
                >
                > > If you don't want to spend a fortune all at once, but can't wait to
                > get the data, you can find out who is related to whom for free by using
                > the personal ID number which can be viewed by placing the mouse over the
                > highlighted name and right clicking. People with consecutive ID nos
                > probably live in the same house.
                >
                > > It is not "good" family history to do this as the information is
                > incomplete. However it is a useful guide and a help to prioritise
                > without spending all in one go.
                >
                > These tips are being assembled in a Microsoft Word document.
                > Unfortunately, I can't send it as an attachment to our list but if
                > anyone wants a copy I shall be pleased to send it to your personal
                > e-mail address.
                >
                > Rene Dussome
                >
                > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                > http://www.family-roots.ca

              • Gloria Moore
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 29, 2002
                  Could you please send me a copy. Thank you very much. Gloria Moore.

                  Rene wrote:

                  > Hi Everyone:
                  >
                  > The online census is still working! Amazing isn't it?
                  >
                  > I am collecting tips passed on by members of the UK Census Mailing List
                  > such as:
                  >
                  > > If you don't want to spend a fortune all at once, but can't wait to
                  > get the data, you can find out who is related to whom for free by using
                  > the personal ID number which can be viewed by placing the mouse over the
                  > highlighted name and right clicking. People with consecutive ID nos
                  > probably live in the same house.
                  >
                  > > It is not "good" family history to do this as the information is
                  > incomplete. However it is a useful guide and a help to prioritise
                  > without spending all in one go.
                  >
                  > These tips are being assembled in a Microsoft Word document.
                  > Unfortunately, I can't send it as an attachment to our list but if
                  > anyone wants a copy I shall be pleased to send it to your personal
                  > e-mail address.
                  >
                  > Rene Dussome
                  >
                  > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                  > http://www.family-roots.ca

                • Rene
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 29, 2002
                    Gloria:

                    Here it is. I shall update it periodically as more tips come in.

                    Rene

                    > Could you please send a copy to me. Thank you very much. Gloria Moore.
                    >
                    > Rene wrote:
                    >
                    > > Hi Everyone:
                    > >
                    > > The online census is still working! Amazing isn't it?
                    > >
                    > > I am collecting tips passed on by members of the UK Census Mailing List
                    > > such as:
                    > >
                    > > > If you don't want to spend a fortune all at once, but can't wait to
                    > > get the data, you can find out who is related to whom for free by using
                    > > the personal ID number which can be viewed by placing the mouse over the
                    > > highlighted name and right clicking. People with consecutive ID nos
                    > > probably live in the same house.
                    > >
                    > > > It is not "good" family history to do this as the information is
                    > > incomplete. However it is a useful guide and a help to prioritise
                    > > without spending all in one go.
                    > >
                    > > These tips are being assembled in a Microsoft Word document.
                    > > Unfortunately, I can't send it as an attachment to our list but if
                    > > anyone wants a copy I shall be pleased to send it to your personal
                    > > e-mail address.
                    > >
                    > > Rene Dussome
                    > >
                    > > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                    > > http://www.family-roots.ca
                    >
                    > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                    > http://www.family-roots.ca

                  • Marlene Roy
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 10, 2002
                      Hi, Rene;

                      I just returned from vacation to find my mailbox full of messages about the
                      1901 census. Would you mind sending me the Tips document that you mentioned on
                      dist-gen ? It will certainly save me from reading all the emails !

                      Thanks,
                      Marlene Roy