Money for sink in library

  • Helen
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 18, 2003
      Ronna would you please forward this to the Finance Committee, I do not have everyone's email address.

      The Library Committee would like to install a sink in the library. The plumbing is in place and only the sink and connections are needed. John Doyle has offered to do the work. The cost of the sink and connectors will be about $120.
      A quick response to this request would be appreciated so that John can get on with the work this week if you approve.
      Helen Backhouse
    • Roger Leach
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 18, 2003
        Hi Helen
            I have a nearly new kitchen sink faucet I am pleased to donate. The taps are on 8" centres and it has a long spout.
        This will only work if a large sink is being installed.
        Roger Leach

        Helen wrote:

        Ronna would you please forward this to the Finance Committee, I do not have everyone's email address. The Library Committee would like to install a sink in the library. The plumbing is in place and only the sink and connections are needed. John Doyle has offered to do the work. The cost of the sink and connectors will be about $120.A quick response to this request would be appreciated so that John can get on with the work this week if you approve.Helen Backhouse

      • Donna Coulter
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 18, 2003
          Hello Helen-- I can't help with the library --re-location-- but I would like to contribute a bit of cash toward the sink--- is it is needed.
          Donna Coulter
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 18, 2003
            Message

            Hi Donna:

            Thanks for your offer of a donation towards a sink in the new AFHS Library and Office. I am replying to all of dist-gen just to remind AFHS members and others that all money donations to AFHS are eligible for a Charitable Donation receipt which the donor can use on their income tax to produce a tax credit.

            The yearly Membership fee is NOT eligible for a Charitable Donation fee, because the members "get" something for their money - Chinook, meetings, queries, Library borrowing privileges, etc. Only the Ontario Genealogical Society (as far as I know) gives a Charitable Donation for their membership fee, and apparently it is a major headache for their administration, despite being good for their members. For example, OGS can not give a "members only" price reduction on their publications.

            For a donation to AFHS, you can write a cheque to the "Alberta Family Histories Society" and give it to the Treasurer, Ronna Byam, at a meeting, or mail to: Ronna Byam, Treasurer, Alberta Family Histories Society, 712 - 16 Avenue NW, Calgary, AB, T2M 0J8.
            IMPORTANT NOTE: On the 'memo' line of your cheque, add whether the donation is for "general", or "library", or "projects", or "publications", or whatever, if you have a preference. If you don't add any specific directions, the donation will go into general donations for AFHS.
            In Donna's case, if she wishes her donation to go towards the sink for the Library, she would put "Library donation" on her cheque.
            Ronna will issue a official Charitable Donation Receipt, so make sure that your name and address are on the cheque or add a note with your cheque.

            Lorna Laughton

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 18, 2003
              Hi Helen;
              I have a new small standard porcelain hand basin without any plumbing
              i.e. handles, drain etc., which you are welcome to. It would need a
              cabinet.
              Charlie

              > Helen wrote:
              >
              > Ronna would you please forward this to the Finance Committee, I do not
              > have everyone's email address.
              >
              > The Library Committee would like to install a sink in the library. The
              > plumbing is in place and only the sink and connections are needed.
              > John Doyle has offered to do the work. The cost of the sink and
              > connectors will be about $120.
              > A quick response to this request would be appreciated so that John can
              > get on with the work this week if you approve.
              > Helen Backhouse

              http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            • owner dist gen
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 18, 2003
                I have the handles and drain for a standard hand basin if you decide to
                go that route.