Computer SIG Meeting - 14 Sep 02

  • Gord Hulbert
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 28, 2002
      IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN!!

      The next meeting of the Computer SIG will be held 14 Sep 02 in the "Lounge
      Area" of the LDS FHC, 17 Ave. & 19A St. SW. The "Beginners Session" begins
      at 9:30 AM. The "Main Session" begins at 10:30 AM, the topic: "DIGITAL
      CAMERAS". Speaker:
      Rob Stirling of VISTEK. Please use south entrance.

      Regards,

      Gord Hulbert
      http://www.Hulbert.ca
      http://www.Family-Roots.ca
      http://www.Wersi-Users-Group.org

    • John Doyle
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 29, 2002
        Hi All,

        Some prepratory reading prior to the Sept 14th meeting can be found at:
        www.steves-digcams.com
        www.dpreviews.com
        www.activebuyersguide.com

        The last site covers all manner of products.

        There are also many links to take you all over the place and waste a whole
        lot of time (so sayeth she who must be heard).

        All the best,

        John

        > The next meeting of the Computer SIG will be held 14 Sep 02 in the "Lounge
        > Area" of the LDS FHC, 17 Ave. & 19A St. SW. The "Beginners Session"
        begins
        > at 9:30 AM. The "Main Session" begins at 10:30 AM, the topic: "DIGITAL
        > CAMERAS". Speaker:
        > Rob Stirling of VISTEK. Please use south entrance.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Gord Hulbert
        > http://www.Hulbert.ca
        > http://www.Family-Roots.ca
        > http://www.Wersi-Users-Group.org
        >
        > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        > http://www.family-roots.ca

      • John Doyle
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 29, 2002
          Hi All again,

          I screwed-up 2 of the 3 web addresses in my e-mail this morning!

          There is an "i" in the 1st address it should be:
          www.steves-digicams.com.

          There is no "s" in the 2nd address it should be:
          www.dpreview.com.

          The last address was OK.

          I also found an e-zine devoted to digital photography at:
          www.megapixel.net,

          A GOOGLE SEARCH on "digital cameras and/or photography" brings up 349,000
          hits. Some of which peaked my curiosity. I didn't scroll through the
          whole list. I only wasted an hour on a half dozen sites and 6 or 7 pages of
          addresses,

          Sorry for the mess up.

          John