Atlantic SIG Meeting Notice

  • ILEAVELL@steelcase.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2003
      ATLAATLANTIC SIG NEWS FLASH
      (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island)
      N(ErASH!
      The first Atlantic Canada Special Interest Group meeting of the 2003 / 2004
      year will be held Wednesday, September 10, 2003 at Owls Rook Books (our new
      Library) located at 712 16th Avenue NW, Calgary, from 7 to 9 pm.

      The September 10, 2003 meeting will focus on the Maritime United Empire
      Loyalists. Nancy Waters will be giving a presentation on Simon Baxter, one of
      her Loyalist ancestors. Jim Stewart, the Calgary Branch Genealogist of the
      United Empire Loyalist Association of Canada (UELAC), will be also be in
      attendence for those who would like some direction on applying for UEL status.
      We welcome anyone with Maritime Loyalist roots to attend and share your
      Loyalist ancestors!

      Inge Leavell
      Chair - Atlantic Canada Special Interest Group
      Member #1083

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Jim & Lorna Stewart
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2003
        Hi Inge :

        I should let you know that I am having an eye operation on September 09 so I
        am not sure what shape I will be in for your Loyalist meeting of Sept 10. I
        will try to attend but I may not be of much use. I will try to keep you
        posted on my progress. I apologize for this problem.

        Regards,
        Jim Stewart