Re: Canon Camera copying from CF straight to CD

  • Gord Hulbert
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 10, 2003
      Hi all:

      The new SE Costco has a great facility for digital camera users. They have
      two readers that accepts diskettes, CD's, a live scanner, and all types of
      memory cards. 48 hour service costs $0.25/ 6" x 4" photo. I've used it
      several times. London Drug has the same service, but it is much more
      expensive.

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 5, 2003
        There are card readers that may be purchased from stores such as Office Depot, or
        CompuSmart. The one we have accepts any of 4 different formats. You should be able
        to go directly to CD from the card.

        On 5 Aug 2003 at 17:22, Gord Hulbert wrote:

        > Hi there:
        >
        > I believe you have to go thru your hard drive first. Unless you have
        > an option on your camera that makes the card look like another drive.

        Ken

        --------------------------------------
        Ken Rees
        ken-rees@...

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 8, 2003
[...]

          computer tied up with troubleshooting, I decided to find a photofinisher to
          see if any would do it for a reasonable price (which is what someone here
          and what Canon suggested as Canon agreed with Gord that it would have to be
          from card to harddrive to disk). However, I found out that photofinishers
          copy from CF card to CD without downloading to a harddrive so there must be
          a way and I plan to check out the other suggestions I received.

          In checking the yellow pages and making a couple of calls, I found Don's
          Photo (in yellow pages listed as Time Photo) to be the most reasonable at
          $10 + GST per card and they promised a one day maximum turnaround as time
          was another consideration. I did not realize the cost was $10 per card as I

          Ken

          Ken Rees
          ken-rees@...