Re: Canon Camera copying from CF straight to CD

  • Gord Hulbert
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 10, 2003
      Hi all:

      The new SE Costco has a great facility for digital camera users. They have
      two readers that accepts diskettes, CD's, a live scanner, and all types of
      memory cards. 48 hour service costs $0.25/ 6" x 4" photo. I've used it
      several times. London Drug has the same service, but it is much more
      expensive.

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 5, 2003
        There are card readers that may be purchased from stores such as Office Depot, or
        CompuSmart. The one we have accepts any of 4 different formats. You should be able
        to go directly to CD from the card.

        On 5 Aug 2003 at 17:22, Gord Hulbert wrote:

        > Hi there:
        >
        > I believe you have to go thru your hard drive first. Unless you have
        > an option on your camera that makes the card look like another drive.

        Ken

        --------------------------------------
        Ken Rees
        ken-rees@...

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Lois Sparling
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 5, 2003
          Dear Margo

          All I can tell you is that I have always eventually received what I ordered each and every time.  There is an Ottawa Branch of the OGS and also the British Isles Research Group of Greater Ottawa which I think is in the suburb of Kanata.

          Lois Sparling

          Margo and Keith Debert wrote:
          Does anyone have an e-mail address for a Genealogical Society in Ottawa? Or does anyone know anyone personally that could help me find a phone number for the National Archives that would be answered by a HUMAN BEING? I have phoned the number on the web site and in the telephone book but only get a taped message. I have e-mailed them 1 month ago but have received no answer. I have sent in a written request for my father's service records along with all the paper work required, in March and I still have no reply. As you can probably tell I am getting a little annoyed. I sent the letter by registered mail so I know that it arrived as it was signed for.
              I thought if someone in Ottawa could actually find a phone number so that I could talk to someone and find out what is taking so long.
              I would sure appreciate any help.
              Thank you
                      Margo

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 8, 2003
[...]

            computer tied up with troubleshooting, I decided to find a photofinisher to
            see if any would do it for a reasonable price (which is what someone here
            and what Canon suggested as Canon agreed with Gord that it would have to be
            from card to harddrive to disk). However, I found out that photofinishers
            copy from CF card to CD without downloading to a harddrive so there must be
            a way and I plan to check out the other suggestions I received.

            In checking the yellow pages and making a couple of calls, I found Don's
            Photo (in yellow pages listed as Time Photo) to be the most reasonable at
            $10 + GST per card and they promised a one day maximum turnaround as time
            was another consideration. I did not realize the cost was $10 per card as I

            Ken

            Ken Rees
            ken-rees@...