Re: Canon Camera copying from CF straight to CD

  • Gord Hulbert
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 10, 2003
      Hi all:

      The new SE Costco has a great facility for digital camera users. They have
      two readers that accepts diskettes, CD's, a live scanner, and all types of
      memory cards. 48 hour service costs $0.25/ 6" x 4" photo. I've used it
      several times. London Drug has the same service, but it is much more
      expensive.

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 5, 2003
        Hi:

        Sorry, I should have removed the email: part before sending my message.

        The correct e-mail address for Thomas Rimmer is:

        trimmer232@...

        Rene Dussome

      • kenrees@telusplanet.net
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 5, 2003
          There are card readers that may be purchased from stores such as Office Depot, or
          CompuSmart. The one we have accepts any of 4 different formats. You should be able
          to go directly to CD from the card.

          On 5 Aug 2003 at 17:22, Gord Hulbert wrote:

          > Hi there:
          >
          > I believe you have to go thru your hard drive first. Unless you have
          > an option on your camera that makes the card look like another drive.

          Ken

          --------------------------------------
          Ken Rees
          ken-rees@...

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • Lois Sparling

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 8, 2003
[...]

              computer tied up with troubleshooting, I decided to find a photofinisher to
              see if any would do it for a reasonable price (which is what someone here
              and what Canon suggested as Canon agreed with Gord that it would have to be
              from card to harddrive to disk). However, I found out that photofinishers
              copy from CF card to CD without downloading to a harddrive so there must be
              a way and I plan to check out the other suggestions I received.

              In checking the yellow pages and making a couple of calls, I found Don's
              Photo (in yellow pages listed as Time Photo) to be the most reasonable at
              $10 + GST per card and they promised a one day maximum turnaround as time
              was another consideration. I did not realize the cost was $10 per card as I

              Ken

              Ken Rees
              ken-rees@...