Re: Canon Camera copying from CF straight to CD

  • Gord Hulbert
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 10, 2003
      Hi all:

      The new SE Costco has a great facility for digital camera users. They have
      two readers that accepts diskettes, CD's, a live scanner, and all types of
      memory cards. 48 hour service costs $0.25/ 6" x 4" photo. I've used it
      several times. London Drug has the same service, but it is much more
      expensive.

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 5, 2003
          Hi:

          This is the e-mail address for the Treasurer of the British and Irish
          Family History Society of Greater Ottawa, Mr. Thomas Rimmer:

          email:trimmer232@...

          He is the man we purchase vouchers from for use with the English 1901
          census.

          He can probably point you in the right direction for the National
          Archives.

          Rene Dussome

          > Margo and Keith Debert wrote:
          >
          > Does anyone have an e-mail address for a Genealogical Society in
          > Ottawa? Or does anyone know anyone personally that could help me find
          > a phone number for the National Archives that would be answered by a
          > HUMAN BEING? I have phoned the number on the web site and in the
          > telephone book but only get a taped message. I have e-mailed them 1
          > month ago but have received no answer. I have sent in a written
          > request for my father's service records along with all the paper work
          > required, in March and I still have no reply. As you can probably tell
          > I am getting a little annoyed. I sent the letter by registered mail so
          > I know that it arrived as it was signed for.
          > I thought if someone in Ottawa could actually find a phone number
          > so that I could talk to someone and find out what is taking so long.
          > I would sure appreciate any help.
          > Thank you
          > Margo

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • Gord Hulbert
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 5, 2003

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 5, 2003
              Hi:

              Sorry, I should have removed the email: part before sending my message.

              The correct e-mail address for Thomas Rimmer is:

              trimmer232@...

              Rene Dussome

            • kenrees@telusplanet.net
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 5, 2003
                There are card readers that may be purchased from stores such as Office Depot, or
                CompuSmart. The one we have accepts any of 4 different formats. You should be able
                to go directly to CD from the card.

                On 5 Aug 2003 at 17:22, Gord Hulbert wrote:

                > Hi there:
                >
                > I believe you have to go thru your hard drive first. Unless you have
                > an option on your camera that makes the card look like another drive.

                Ken

                --------------------------------------
                Ken Rees
                ken-rees@...

                http://www.afhs.ab.ca
              • Lois Sparling

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 8, 2003
[...]

                    computer tied up with troubleshooting, I decided to find a photofinisher to
                    see if any would do it for a reasonable price (which is what someone here
                    and what Canon suggested as Canon agreed with Gord that it would have to be
                    from card to harddrive to disk). However, I found out that photofinishers
                    copy from CF card to CD without downloading to a harddrive so there must be
                    a way and I plan to check out the other suggestions I received.

                    In checking the yellow pages and making a couple of calls, I found Don's
                    Photo (in yellow pages listed as Time Photo) to be the most reasonable at
                    $10 + GST per card and they promised a one day maximum turnaround as time
                    was another consideration. I did not realize the cost was $10 per card as I

                    Ken

                    Ken Rees
                    ken-rees@...