Re: AFHS ON CBC RADIO - Monday Aug 4

  • Mertie Beatty
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
      Xenia:
      Great promotion for AFHS and genealogy! Way to go!
      Mertie Beatty

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
        Now I know how this works! The producer asks you a bunch of questions for
        which you prepare and the host asks either different questions or different
        order! So the interview was over and she was saying good bye and thanks and
        I said oh just a minute may I plug our society. Luckily she said yes and I
        gave the url and said to join to learn how to work the right way - backwards
        instead of forwards (this will make sense when you hear the rest of the
        interview if they don't cut any). So the technicians said to the host to
        copy down the address so it could be announced again and they told me as I
        left that it will be put up on the CBC website and also will be mentioned
        several times. I also gave the spiel about Senator Milne opening the library
        at its new site and that she is to be our speaker in June and I also
        mentioned the 10 beginner and 10 regular programs.

        I did this in a rush at the end but they assured me they will plug it on our
        behalf. Also the whole morning will be devoted to names and they were just
        going into the interview with someone (whose name I should know but it
        escapes me) who just finished a book on Alberta place names. So should be an
        interesting morning for the early birds. They plan to have my/our segment on
        at 7:15 a.m.

        Xenia

        --
        William A. Campbell
        Calgary, Alberta, Canada

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
          Ooops _ I meant to say Senator Milne was speaking in September. I know I
          did say the first meeting of the year but I was a bit befuddled trying to
          throw all that in when Judy had already said goodbye and thank you!!!

          Hope I didn't mess up too badly.

          P.S. The producer said she liked me so much she is trying to get me a spot
          on Wild Rose Country as the guest on the phone-in show. So maybe I'll have
          another kick at the can to get it right!

          Xenia

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2003
            Dear Xenia

            Hope your interview went well. Alot of people listen to that program.

            Lois