RE: AFHS ON CBC RADIO - Monday Aug 4

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1 8:03 AM
      Hi Bill,

      The interview will actually take place this morning at the CBC studio. It is
      to air at 7:15 a.m. on Monday. I have already talked to the producer who
      gave me the list of questions. Then I go into the studio to meet with Judy
      Aldous who will ask the questions. One of them includes how to do
      genealogy - do you just use the internet - and I will reply they should join
      AFHS to learn fact from fiction!

      Xenia

      So now I have to get dressed!

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1 8:13 AM
        Xenia:
        Great promotion for AFHS and genealogy! Way to go!
        Mertie Beatty

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1 1:17 PM
          Now I know how this works! The producer asks you a bunch of questions for
          which you prepare and the host asks either different questions or different
          order! So the interview was over and she was saying good bye and thanks and
          I said oh just a minute may I plug our society. Luckily she said yes and I
          gave the url and said to join to learn how to work the right way - backwards
          instead of forwards (this will make sense when you hear the rest of the
          interview if they don't cut any). So the technicians said to the host to
          copy down the address so it could be announced again and they told me as I
          left that it will be put up on the CBC website and also will be mentioned
          several times. I also gave the spiel about Senator Milne opening the library
          at its new site and that she is to be our speaker in June and I also
          mentioned the 10 beginner and 10 regular programs.

          I did this in a rush at the end but they assured me they will plug it on our
          behalf. Also the whole morning will be devoted to names and they were just
          going into the interview with someone (whose name I should know but it
          escapes me) who just finished a book on Alberta place names. So should be an
          interesting morning for the early birds. They plan to have my/our segment on
          at 7:15 a.m.

          Xenia

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1 9:20 PM
            Ooops _ I meant to say Senator Milne was speaking in September. I know I
            did say the first meeting of the year but I was a bit befuddled trying to
            throw all that in when Judy had already said goodbye and thank you!!!

            Hope I didn't mess up too badly.

            P.S. The producer said she liked me so much she is trying to get me a spot
            on Wild Rose Country as the guest on the phone-in show. So maybe I'll have
            another kick at the can to get it right!

            Xenia

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 2 1:03 AM
              Dear Xenia

              Hope your interview went well. Alot of people listen to that program.

              Lois