AFHS ON CBC RADIO - Monday Aug 4

  • william campbell
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31 9:18 PM
      Hi Folks:

      CBC Radio1 (AM 1010) will broadcast their Eye Opener show, province-wide, on Heritage Day Monday
      Aug 4 from 6 to 8:30 am.
      One of the feature segments will be 'What's In A Name' and will include an interview with host Judy Aldous and our own
      inimitable Xenia Stanford.

      Start your Heritage Day right and tune in on Monday morning for an exhilarating discussion on our favourite topic.

      Cheers

      Bill

      --
      William A. Campbell
      Calgary, Alberta, Canada

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
        Hi Bill,

        The interview will actually take place this morning at the CBC studio. It is
        to air at 7:15 a.m. on Monday. I have already talked to the producer who
        gave me the list of questions. Then I go into the studio to meet with Judy
        Aldous who will ask the questions. One of them includes how to do
        genealogy - do you just use the internet - and I will reply they should join
        AFHS to learn fact from fiction!

        Xenia

        So now I have to get dressed!

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
          Xenia:
          Great promotion for AFHS and genealogy! Way to go!
          Mertie Beatty

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
            Now I know how this works! The producer asks you a bunch of questions for
            which you prepare and the host asks either different questions or different
            order! So the interview was over and she was saying good bye and thanks and
            I said oh just a minute may I plug our society. Luckily she said yes and I
            gave the url and said to join to learn how to work the right way - backwards
            instead of forwards (this will make sense when you hear the rest of the
            interview if they don't cut any). So the technicians said to the host to
            copy down the address so it could be announced again and they told me as I
            left that it will be put up on the CBC website and also will be mentioned
            several times. I also gave the spiel about Senator Milne opening the library
            at its new site and that she is to be our speaker in June and I also
            mentioned the 10 beginner and 10 regular programs.

            I did this in a rush at the end but they assured me they will plug it on our
            behalf. Also the whole morning will be devoted to names and they were just
            going into the interview with someone (whose name I should know but it
            escapes me) who just finished a book on Alberta place names. So should be an
            interesting morning for the early birds. They plan to have my/our segment on
            at 7:15 a.m.

            Xenia

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
              Ooops _ I meant to say Senator Milne was speaking in September. I know I
              did say the first meeting of the year but I was a bit befuddled trying to
              throw all that in when Judy had already said goodbye and thank you!!!

              Hope I didn't mess up too badly.

              P.S. The producer said she liked me so much she is trying to get me a spot
              on Wild Rose Country as the guest on the phone-in show. So maybe I'll have
              another kick at the can to get it right!

              Xenia

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 2, 2003
                Dear Xenia

                Hope your interview went well. Alot of people listen to that program.

                Lois