IF I KNEW - a poem worth reading

  • Marcel J. Savoie
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 21, 2003
      If I knew it would be the last time
      That I'd see you fall asleep,
      I would tuck you in more tightly
      and pray the Lord, your soul to keep.

      If I knew it would be the last time
      that I see you walk out the door,
      I would give you a hug and kiss
      and call you back for one more.

      If I knew it would be the last time
      I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise,
      I would video tape each action and word,
      so I could play them back day after day.

      If I knew it would be the last time,
      I could spare an extra minute
      to stop and say "I love you,"
      instead of assuming you would KNOW I do.

      If I knew it would be the last time
      I would be there to share your day,
      Well I'm sure you'll have so many more,
      so I can let just this one slip away.

      For surely there's always tomorrow
      to make up for an oversight,
      and we always get a second chance
      to make everything just right.

      There will always be another day
      to say "I love you,"
      And certainly there's another chance
      to say our "Anything I can do?"

      But just in case I might be wrong,
      and today is all I get,
      I'd like to say how much I love you
      and I hope we never forget.

      Tomorrow is not promised to anyone,
      young or old alike,
      And today may be the last chance
      you get to hold your loved one tight.

      So if you're waiting for tomorrow,
      why not do it today?
      For if tomorrow never comes,
      you'll surely regret the day,

      That you didn't take that extra time
      for a smile, a hug, or a kiss
      and you were too busy to grant someone,
      what turned out to be their one last wish.

      So hold your loved ones close today,
      and whisper in their ear,
      Tell them how much you love them
      and that you'll always hold them dear

      Take time to say "I'm sorry,"
      "Please forgive me," "Thank you," or "It's okay."
      And if tomorrow never comes,
      you'll have no regrets about today.

    • Marcel J. Savoie
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21, 2003
        Sorry - I did it again - I will move the location of "distgen" in my address
        book so it is not so close to another address I often send message to.

        That is two strikes against me - I hope I don't strike out.

        Sincerely

        Marcel Savoie

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 21, 2003
          I thought your poem was worth reading even if it came through dist-gen