RE: Pension Information

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 19, 2003
      Hi Elaine,

      Did he serve in the first world war? I found amazing stuff for a client on
      the ArchiviaNet database at http://www.archives.ca/02/0201_e.html

      If you find a hit, it will take you to the reproduction of the pages. My
      client didn't even know whether his great grandfather had served or not but
      when we did the search, we found several with the right name but only one
      was a match but it gave his next-of-kin as his wife and it gave the address
      where she was living in Scotland at the time. Through this address we were
      able to locate the birth, etc. records in Scotland as we had not known the
      location prior to this. Also we found his wife's family in the same area and
      his wife's brother who was a wrestling champion in Scotland, Then he came to
      Canada and later went to Philadelphia and became a famous wrestling coach at
      a university. When you find the right key you never know what doors may
      open.

      So take a try and who knows what you may find! Good luck.

      à bientôt,

      Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 20, 2003
        I forgot to mention I even found a scandal for this client. The wrestling
        coach great granduncle of his had a wife who after bearing him six children
        ran off with the assistant coach and remarried becoming a bigamist. She then
        fled to her parents home in Scotland to escape the charges. Found through
        newspapers and divorce petition.

        Check newspapers in the area and court records. You never know what may turn
        up.

        Xenia