Re: 1911 census

  • Rene Dussome
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 16, 2003
      Dear Lois:

      I will send an ATI request to the National Archivist tomorrow, together
      with a further $5. Incidentally, my original cheque for $5 to the Chief
      Statistician has not yet been cashed.

      Rene

      > Your application was not incomplete. There is a new argument I am
      > facing in court that tries to make something out of Mertie Beatty not
      > also requesting access to the 1911 census from the National Archivist.
      > might like to demonstrate their commitment to our cause by sending
      > another ATI request, this time to the National Archivist. We know
      > what his response will be but we knew what the Chief Statistician's
      > response would be, too. It will cost another $5 and postage.
      >
      > Lois Sparling
      >
      > Rene Dussome wrote:
      >
      > > Lois:
      > >

      > >> Upon taking a closer look at the Federal Government lawyers'
      > >> written
      > >> argument, I note that one of their arguments is that our Applicant
      > >> (Mertie Beatty) has not requested access to the 1911 census from
      > >> the
      > >> National Archivist. I guess we all know what to do about that!
      > >>

      > > Are we supposed to write to:
      > >
      > > Chief Statistician (initial request) enclosing $5
      > > National Archivist (further request) another $5?
      > > Information Commissioner (complaint) no money
      > >
      > > Is my application incomplete because I followed steps 1 and 3 but
      > > did
      > > not write to the National Archivist?
      > >
      > > Rene
      > >
      > > http://www.afhs.ab.ca

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Lois Sparling
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 17, 2003
        The access to information co-ordinator for the National Archives is
        Julie Attallah. Her mailing address is: The National Archives of
        Canada, 395 Wellington St., room 350, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0N3. You can
        drop off your ATI form and $5 cheque at my office or home to go with
        mine and others by courier since there is the possibility of a postal
        strike. There is a link to the ATI form on our AFHS site. My office is
        at #1400, 550- 6 Ave. SW. My home is at 38 Hallbrook Dr. SW (grey house
        on the outside corner with bushy Russian Olive tree in the front).

        Lois Sparling

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Ronna L. Byam
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 16, 2004
          I found this on the Ontario Genealogy society website.
          Ronna Byam
          Chair, Ontario SIG
        • Lois Sparling
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 16, 2004
            This is the improved compromise solution now before the Senate as Bill S-18.

            Lois Sparling

            Ronna L. Byam wrote:
            I found this on the Ontario Genealogy society website.
            Ronna Byam
            Chair, Ontario SIG
          • Carol Lylyk
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 14, 2006
              This was posted on the Lincolnshire list.

              Carol Lylyk