1937 Map

  • Margo and Keith Debert
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2003
          Does anyone know where I would be able to get a copy of a map of Kananaskis Country,
      that goes from Kananaskkis toward (and including) Bragg Creek circa 1937. I don't really need a formal topographical map but one that would include hiking trails and the cabins that people could overnight in.
          Margo
    • Robert Boynton
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14, 2003
        Margo

        The only public place that I would think that would have it is the Glenbow Museum as they have a huge map collection.

        Give their Library a call or try searching on their website.

        You may also want to contact the Government of Alberta Parks and Recreation website and send them an email with your inquiry. I have had this work before.

        It now costs $8.00 to visit the Glenbow Archives/library, for those who have not heard.  As an alternative, you can also buy a years membership.

        Rob Boynton
            Does anyone know where I would be able to get a copy of a map of Kananaskis Country,
        that goes from Kananaskkis toward (and including) Bragg Creek circa 1937. I don't really need a formal topographical map but one that would include hiking trails and the cabins that people could overnight in.
            Margo
      • Elizabeth R. Strang
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 25, 2003
          On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Margo and Keith Debert wrote:

          > Does anyone know where I would be able to get a copy of a map of Kananaskis Country,
          > that goes from Kananaskkis toward (and including) Bragg Creek circa 1937. I don't really need a formal topographical map but one that would include hiking trails and the cabins that people could overnight in.
          > Margo
          I got mine from the hospitality centre at Kanaskis Parrrrk.>