Re: Who can plot a 220 person tree on one sheet of paper?

  • Roger Leach
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2003
      Xenia
      Did you receive any replies on this? I have Family Tree Maker and a
      printer and would be prepared to import her file. The printout would be on
      multiple 81/2 x 11 sheets which could be pasted together.
      Roger

      Xenia Stanford wrote:

      > I have a client who wishes to plot her 220 people on one large sheet of
      > paper that she can fold and take to Scotland with her. I do not know if
      > these all descend or ascend from one common relative. All I know is that
      > they are all related somehow.
      >
      > If anyone can provide this service for her, I am willing to pass her
      > directly on. She will want to know the price.
      >
      > Her software is Family Trees, which she says has a Gedcom Import/Export
      > feature.
      >
      > Xenia Stanford (president@...)
      > President, Stanford Solutions Inc.
      > Editor-in-Chief, KnowMap: The Knowledge Management, Auditing and Mapping
      > Magazine http://www.knowmap.com
      > Full contact details
      > http://www.knowmap.com/ssi/contact.html
      > For courses and other Products see
      > http://www.knowmap.com/ssi/knowledgemapping.html

    • Carol Lylyk
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2003
        Does your printer have a setting for Banners? If so you should be able to
        use computer paper (?) to print out a continuous tree. You have to tear the
        perforated edges off the paper to make it fit the standard printer. I have
        printed out trees this way from the Family Tree Maker program.
        Unfortunately my printer decided awhile ago not to do it. I either have
        something set wrong or it needs to be serviced.

        Carol Lylyk

        > Did you receive any replies on this? I have Family Tree Maker and a
        > printer and would be prepared to import her file. The printout would be on
        > multiple 81/2 x 11 sheets which could be pasted together.
        > Roger
        >
        > Xenia Stanford wrote:
        >
        > > I have a client who wishes to plot her 220 people on one large sheet of
        > > paper that she can fold and take to Scotland with her. I do not know if
        > > these all descend or ascend from one common relative. All I know is that
        > > they are all related somehow.
        > >
        > > If anyone can provide this service for her, I am willing to pass her
        > > directly on. She will want to know the price.
        > >
        > > Her software is Family Trees, which she says has a Gedcom Import/Export
        > > feature.
        > >
        > > Xenia Stanford (president@...)
        > > President, Stanford Solutions Inc.
        > > Editor-in-Chief, KnowMap: The Knowledge Management, Auditing and Mapping
        > > Magazine http://www.knowmap.com
        > > Full contact details
        > > http://www.knowmap.com/ssi/contact.html
        > > For courses and other Products see
        > > http://www.knowmap.com/ssi/knowledgemapping.html
        > >
        > > http://www.afhs.ab.ca

      • Roger Leach
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13, 2003
          Carol
          Yes I can print banners and I still have some old tractor drive paper with
          tear off. Thanks for the tip.
          Roger