Transcribing and Photographing in Queen's Park Cemetery

  • Lynda Alderman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2003

      The next recording and photographing session has been scheduled for Thursday, July 3, 2003.  If you've never been involved in one of these sessions, come along and find out how very easy it is!  You'll be given lots of help to get started, and someone will always be close at hand to provide assistance if needed.

      We'll meet at l0 am at Queens Park.  Arrive by the main entrance at 31Avenue and 4 St. N.W.  Turn left at the first Y intersection, and left at the next Y intersection.  This will eventually take you to a service area parking lot where we are encouraged to park.  Also in this parking lot you'll see a large dumpster and small wooden building. If you arrive after 10 am look for us in Section P.

      Bring along a clipboard, pens/pencils, hat, mosquito lotion, sun tan lotion, stool if preferred, sunglasses, lots to drink, lunch if staying for the day, lawn chair (needed at lunch time), whisk or other brush for cleaning off flat markers and your digital camera if you're a photographer.   Also bring rubber or gardening gloves as many of the markers are flat and need "digging out".

      Please reply if you know you will be joining us. If you're not sure, just come along and you'll be most welcome.

      I'll post a message before 8 am that morning if the session is going to be cancelled due to inclement weather.

      Questions?  Reply to this message or phone me at 949-4093.

      Lynda
    • Lynda Alderman
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 17, 2003

        The next recording and photographing session has been scheduled for Wednesday, August 20th.   If you've never been involved in one of these sessions, come along and find out how very easy it is!  You'll be given lots of help to get started, and someone will always be close at hand to provide assistance if needed.

        We'll meet at l0 am at Queen's Park.  Arrive by the main entrance at 31Avenue and 4 St. N.W.  Turn left at the first Y intersection, and left at the next Y intersection.  This will eventually take you to a service area parking lot where we are encouraged to park.  Also in this parking lot you'll see a large dumpster and small wooden building. If you arrive after 10 am look for us in Section J.

        Bring along a clipboard, pens/pencils, hat, mosquito lotion, sun tan lotion, stool if preferred, sunglasses, lots to drink, lunch if staying for the day, lawn chair (needed at lunch time), whisk or other brush for cleaning off flat markers and your digital camera if you're a photographer.   Also bring rubber or gardening gloves as many of the markers are flat and need "digging out".

        Two additional recording/photographing dates have been added to the original list.  They are Monday, August 25th and Wednesday, September 3rd.  Add them to your calendar.