Re: Utilities

  • From Brian
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28 7:04 AM
         I checked out the link. I notice the company is part of the Gator network. Gator is one of the main spybot companies. These products may not be bad, but Gator has a history of offering programs with spybots buried in back. Your system is slowed down by the spybot, plus they are gathering usage info on you. I use Lotus Organizer for a calendar/scheduler, but that costs money. I did a search on one of my favourite download sites for  calendars and came up with a few hits. Here is the link to the search
      http://search.pcworld.com/query.html?qt=calendar&col=down&inthe=315360000&ws=0&nh=10&rf=0&lk=1&qm=0&st=1&rq=0&ql=a&si=0&dt=an&ht=0&la=en&fl0=&op0=
      You will probably have to copy and paste that, or you could go to
      http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/index/0,00.asp
      and in the search field at the top of the screen type "calendar" and click search. I also did a search on schedule. That seems to bring up some better results.

         For  synchronizing my computer clock, I use the world time server. They have a link in the right panel "Keep your PC time accurate with our  Free Atomic Clock Sync" that provides a link to a program to synchronize your computer. It is not an automatic update, but I usually remember  to do it every month or so. The site has the added  benefit of being able to tell you the current time in over 400 places in the world. The link to this site is
      http://www.worldtimeserver.com/ .

          Brian

      At 08:58 PM 6/27/03 Friday, you wrote:

        Here are 2 useful utilities. The only drawback is that you will have to suffer the adds (not too painful).
      Go to www.date-manager.com to download both. One synchronizes your computer clock & the other is a reminder system.............a necessary thing when you're old & grey.