1911 AND LATER CENSUS - PROMOTION

  • william campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27 9:54 PM
      Hi Folks:

      As most of you are aware, the much-publicized Canada Senate Bill S-13, did not reach the
      House of Commons for vote in the last sitting. If it does pass this coming Fall it will
      present an enormous frustration for future genealogists

      Through the continuing leadership of Lois Sparling we plan to take advantage of the summer
      break of the House.
      We intend to assemble a small information package addressed to every MP which will clearly
      show the immense value of the Census record in locating Canadian ancestors and preparing a
      family tree.

      We will take a clear and legible copy of a Census record page showing a given family, then
      prepare a family record sheet from that and then add a pedigree chart with the family
      members. The preferred Census page should show the Census District and the column headings
      for best understanding by a casual reader.

      If you would have these three documents in your family history files and would be prepared
      to provide copies for this purpose, would you kindly contact me at the earliest
      opportunity.

      I look forward to your support and response.

      Cheers

      Bill
      --
      William A. Campbell
      Calgary, Alberta, Canada

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      # message_fronter [string_array] (undef) <resend,digest>
      # Text to be prepended to the beginning of all messages posted to
      # the list. The text is expanded before being used. The following
      # expansion tokens are defined: dist-gen@... - the name of the current
      # list, william campbell <wacampbell@...> - the sender as taken from the from line, 1.94.4,
      # the version of majordomo. If used in a digest, only the expansion
      # token _SUBJECTS_ is available, and it expands to the list of
      # message subjects in the digest
      message_fronter << END