Salt Lake

  • All Round Genie
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 17, 2003
      I am planning to organize a group trip to Salt Lake City later this year or spring next year.  If you are interested in participating in such a trip would you please respond to the following question?

      1.  Which months would you prefer?  Range or specific.

      2.  How would you like to travel - air or land.  I have travelled to Salt Lake by air and by coach and enjoyed both methods.  Coach would most likely include overnighting somewhere.  I am not pretending that I could be as interesting as Roy, those are big boots to fill.

      3.  Accommodation: There are some great hotels really close to the library and temple, how important is that to you?  Obviously I wouldn't be looking at ones that are too far away.

      If there are sufficient people interested in both modes of transportation I would look at organizing both.

      Please respond to me by July 16 if you are interested in something later this year or by August 31 if you would like the spring next year.

      Have a great summer.

      Millie Drinkwater
      Phone: 605-2572.
    • Lynda Alderman
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 17, 2003
        Count me in....whatever way you want to travel is fine with me.    Perhaps November would be good, but I could be persuaded to another month.    Yipee, I'm excited!!!!!  Thanks for getting the idea started.

        Lynda

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 17, 2003
          I would be interested in a trip to Salt Lake this fall or in the spring at this point I can not say that one would be better that the other.
          Depending on the over all price of road + meals + overnight(s) compared to flying, I think I would chose the less expensive one.
          Yes, there are some good places to stay not too far away, a short walk would be ok with me.
          Helen

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 17, 2003
            Dear Millie

            I would be interested in going.  Timing depends on my practise rather than time of year.  I may not be able to commit until the last moment for the same reason.  I cannot go in Feb or during hot summer months.  Air is faster so keeps me away from work less time but I have never driven that way so coach has some merit for me, too.  It is very important to me that we be walking distance from the FHL but I can walk a good distance.

            Lois Sparling

            All Round Genie wrote:
[...]

          • Heather Jaremko
            Message 5 of 5 , May 6 8:24 AM
              Hello all,

              I am organizing a trip to the Salt Lake City LDS library next May. I am planning the trip to be before the long weekend in May.  We would be leaving on a Sunday and coming back the following Sunday.  We would not be togther all the time, but we could share rooms.  My thought is that we would all make our way down and meet up at the hotel and then go from there.  If you are interested in this outing, please let me know.  Also further announcements for dates etc. will be sent as plans progress.

              Sincerely,
              Heather Jaremko