THE MEMORY PROJECT

  • william campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2003
      Hi Folks:
      On the 59th anniversary of D-Day, last Friday, a new endeavour was
      launched which promises to be a significant step toward preserving our
      history and heritage - called THE MEMORY PROJECT.
      It is sponsored jointly by Canadian Heritage and The Dominion Institute.

      It embodies three major elements-
      - Passages to Canada - a record of immigrant experiences.
      -Peace and War - stories of Canada's Service men and women.
      - Digital Archives - a collection of veterans' memories.
      All of this is directed toward forming a repository of historical
      information with an educational directive toward our younger
      generations.

      See http://www.thememoryproject.com

      Hope you find it interesting. Who couldn't use a MEMORY PROJECT every
      day?

      Cheers

      Bill
      --