RE: Queen's Park Cemetery Recording and Photographing

    Message 1 of 12 , May 24, 2003
      Goleuddydd means bright day in Welsh. It is also a Welsh goddess - see below from http://www.tartanplace.com/faery/goddess/goleuddydd.html

      Goleuddydd (Bright Day)
      (pron. GO-loo-theeth) Welsh sow goddess of fertility. She is the sister of Igraine Nessa Mother of the god Culhwch (pig). On her death she made Cilydd promise not to remarry until a briar bush with at least two heads sprang from her grave. This happens after seventeen years. In Celtic mysticism the number seventeen relates to the splitting of clans.

      Xenia
      Message 2 of 12 , May 24, 2003
        I and my sister are planning on being there on May 27
        Ronna Byam

        Message 3 of 12 , May 26, 2003
          Hope to see you there Tuesday.
          Lorna

          Lynda Alderman wrote:

[...]

        • Lynda Alderman
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 9, 2003

            The next recording and photographing session has been scheduled for Wednesday, June 11th.

            We'll meet at l0 am at Queens Park.  Arrive by the main entrance at 31Avenue and 4 St. N.W.  Turn left at the first Y intersection, and left at the next Y intersection.  This will eventually take you to a service area parking lot where we are encouraged to park.  Also in this parking lot you'll see a large dumpster and small wooden building.

            Bring along a clipboard, pens/pencils, hat, mosquito lotion, sun tan lotion, stool if preferred, sunglasses, lots to drink, lunch if staying for the day, lawn chair (needed at lunch time), whisk or other brush for cleaning off flat markers and your digital camera if you're a photographer.   Also bring rubber or gardening gloves as many of the markers are flat and need "digging out".

            We will begin our work in Section G which is near the parking lot.

            Please reply if you know you will be joining us. If you're not sure, just come along and you'll be most welcome.

            I'll post a message before 8 am on Wednesday if the session is going to be cancelled due to inclement weather.

            Questions?  Reply to this message or phone me at 949-4093.

            Lynda
          • Heather Jaremko
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 10, 2003
              Hello Lynda,
              I will be there at 10 a.m.
              Heather Jaremko

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 16, 2003
                  I'll be there again!
                  Ronna Byam
[...]

                • Bob and Colleen Hauswirth
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 17, 2003
                    I will be attending the session on June 18th.

                    Colleen Hauswirth

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 17, 2003
                      Hi Colleen

                      Brings lots of water, I think we're in for a hot day.

                      Lynda