AFHS Library open Saturday Aug 24

  • Lorna Laughton
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23, 2002
      Yes, the AFHS Library will be open on Saturday August 24 from 11:00 am
      to 3:00 pm.

      This will be the last Saturday opening for the summer. I am just in the
      process of planning the library open times for the coming membership
      year (September to June), so if you have time to send me a quick e-mail
      to tell me the times (days, times) when YOU would be able to use the
      AFHS library best - please let me know.

      Of course you know that opening the library depends on volunteers, so if
      you also would like to become a volunteer library 'opener', let me know
      that too. Since Family Roots 2002 will be the volunteer priority for the
      fall, I hope to train some new 'opener' volunteers in January or after -
      to start next spring and summer.

      I hope to see some of you on Saturday! Bring your lunch and do some
      research, or take out/bring back books.

      Lorna Laughton lornalaughton@...

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 23, 2002
        Hi everyone,

        In the past I was asked by some customers for opportunities to purchase
        books and magazines at other times than the monthly meetings. I have
        permission to bring products and have a table outside in the foyer. So if
        anyone is interested in my bringing some items this Saturday, I could do so
        as I will be going to the Library. Just let me know if you are interested.

        à bientôt,

        Enter Xenia as a search term at http://globalgazette.net/ to find my column
        "Nos Racines Francaises"
        Local book and magazine sales:
        http://www.knowmap.com/age/
        Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564

[...]

      • Robert C. Westbury
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 26, 2002
          Dear Lorna,
          Just to remind you that I am prepared to be a library volunteer this
          winter. I enjoyed the company of Marg McCready before, but if she no longer
          does this "work", or would prefer to be on another shift, that would be OK
          too.
          Pace e bene. Bob