Re: Ships Passenger Lists at Lethbridge Public Library

  • Robert Boynton
    Message 1 of 6 , May 22, 2003
      Bill

      The same border entry lists are available at the Castell Library and they are all across the Nation.  I do not know them by memory.

      I have rarely used them myself.  At one point in time there was a lady in western Canada who had indexed portions of these records.

      RB
      Message 2 of 6 , May 23, 2003
        See details of Claire Neville's talk on this subject:

        In Kinship,
        Judith Rempel, Webster
        rempel@...

        and

        webster@...

        Canadian Genealogical Projects Register
        http://www.afhs.ab.ca/registry/

        1906 Census Transcription Centre
        http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/census/1906/

        The same border entry lists are available at the Castell Library and they are all across the Nation.  I do not know them by memory.

        I have rarely used them myself.  At one point in time there was a lady in western Canada who had indexed portions of these records.

        RB
        Thank you for that helpful information on passenger lists and Border Entry Crossing Records in LPL.

        Do you happen to know the locations of those border points that are in the records?  I assume they are physically located on the border and not Ports of Entry like we now have at airports all over the country.

        <snip>

      • Rene Dussome
        Message 3 of 6 , May 23, 2003
          Robert:

          > The same border entry lists are available at the Castell Library and they are all across the Nation. I do not know them by memory.

          > I have rarely used them myself. At one point in time there was a lady in western Canada who had indexed portions of these records.

          The lady in question was Mary Trace. Her first book on border entry
          lists was entitled, "Canadian Border Entry Lists - 1908-1918 Yukon/BC."
          A copy of this book was donated to the Family History Centre by the
          Computer Group in 1997.

          Because of the lack of interest in this book, Mary did not continue with
          her Border Entry indexing project.

          Rene Dussome