Re: Ships Passenger Lists at Lethbridge Public Library

  • Ines
    Message 1 of 6 , May 22, 2003
      This is wonderful news for me. I am a transcriber for ISTG and I was
      wondering how to get some Canadian Ships.
      Thank you very much,
      Ines

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • william campbell
      Message 2 of 6 , May 22, 2003
        Hi Rob:

        Thank you for that helpful information on passenger lists and Border Entry Crossing Records in LPL.

        Do you happen to know the locations of those border points that are in the records?  I assume they are physically located on the border and not Ports of Entry like we now have at airports all over the country.

        Cheers

        Bill

        Subject: Ships Passenger Lists at Lethbridge Public Library

        --
        William A. Campbell
        Calgary, Alberta, Canada

      • Robert Boynton
        Message 3 of 6 , May 22, 2003
          Bill

          The same border entry lists are available at the Castell Library and they are all across the Nation.  I do not know them by memory.

          I have rarely used them myself.  At one point in time there was a lady in western Canada who had indexed portions of these records.

          RB

          Message 4 of 6 , May 23, 2003
            See details of Claire Neville's talk on this subject:

            In Kinship,
            Judith Rempel, Webster
            rempel@...

            and

            webster@...

            Canadian Genealogical Projects Register
            http://www.afhs.ab.ca/registry/

            1906 Census Transcription Centre
            http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/census/1906/

            The same border entry lists are available at the Castell Library and they are all across the Nation.  I do not know them by memory.

            I have rarely used them myself.  At one point in time there was a lady in western Canada who had indexed portions of these records.

            RB
            Thank you for that helpful information on passenger lists and Border Entry Crossing Records in LPL.

            Do you happen to know the locations of those border points that are in the records?  I assume they are physically located on the border and not Ports of Entry like we now have at airports all over the country.

            <snip>

          • Rene Dussome
            Message 5 of 6 , May 23, 2003
              Robert:

              > The same border entry lists are available at the Castell Library and they are all across the Nation. I do not know them by memory.

              > I have rarely used them myself. At one point in time there was a lady in western Canada who had indexed portions of these records.

              The lady in question was Mary Trace. Her first book on border entry
              lists was entitled, "Canadian Border Entry Lists - 1908-1918 Yukon/BC."
              A copy of this book was donated to the Family History Centre by the
              Computer Group in 1997.

              Because of the lack of interest in this book, Mary did not continue with
              her Border Entry indexing project.

              Rene Dussome