High River & Frank Lake

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2003
      Hi Bill,
      I see an unmarked lake in that area on Grandpa's 1930 Alberta map with
      townships. Found Mr. Frank in the 1906 census.

      A relative taught school at Blackie in the 1920's, not sure of the exact
      order in relation to other school terms near Calgary. She boarded with the
      family of Beulah who used to work at Calgary Family History Centre. Display
      at FamilyRoots 2002 had some of Beulah's pictures around 1928 when she was
      boarding with her former teacher's relatives in Calgary.

      Teachers liked to work at schools in the towns along the railway lines so
      they could get home to Calgary on the weekends.

      http://www.mdfoothills.com/LUTWP1927.pdf
      Google search for Frank Lake showed a link to this map with townships marked
      and another Frank Lake in northern Alberta.

      Municipal District of Foothills has links to land use maps dated April 2003.
      http://www.mdfoothills.com/LandUseMaps.htm

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2003
        I live near herea nd thought i would add my 2 cents worth in,
        There is a little ghost town named Frank near High River however it is not
        between High River and Aldersyde but East of High River, I have been there,
        origially it was a little mormon pioneer town but not all mormons lived
        there, there is some building s still standing (I am a photograper and have
        lots of photos) but the exciting part is that there is a little Cemetary
        that is surrounded by a fence in the middle of a farmers field, and about
        200 people in it, I was so excited i told my church about it and now the
        youth go out and take care of it, this i also have photos of. There is also
        a lake near by that is now a nature reserve, it is a very small lake now but
        once was quite a bit larger.
        Hope this helps and if you need anything elce let me know.
        Candice
        > I see an unmarked lake in that area on Grandpa's 1930 Alberta map with
        > townships. Found Mr. Frank in the 1906 census.
        >
        > A relative taught school at Blackie in the 1920's, not sure of the exact
        > order in relation to other school terms near Calgary. She boarded with the
        > family of Beulah who used to work at Calgary Family History Centre.
        Display
        > at FamilyRoots 2002 had some of Beulah's pictures around 1928 when she was
        > boarding with her former teacher's relatives in Calgary.
        >
        > Teachers liked to work at schools in the towns along the railway lines so
        > they could get home to Calgary on the weekends.
        >
        > http://www.mdfoothills.com/LUTWP1927.pdf
        > Google search for Frank Lake showed a link to this map with townships
        marked
        > and another Frank Lake in northern Alberta.
        >
        > Municipal District of Foothills has links to land use maps dated April
        2003.
        > http://www.mdfoothills.com/LandUseMaps.htm

      • Peter van Schaik
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2003
          At 11:21 PM 6/3/03, you wrote:
          I live near herea nd thought i would add my 2 cents worth in,
          There is a little ghost town named Frank near High River however it is not
          between High River and Aldersyde but East of High River, I have been there, origially it was a little mormon pioneer town but not all mormons lived there, there is some building s still standing (I am a photograper and have lots of photos) but the exciting part is that there is a little Cemetary that is surrounded by a fence in the middle of a farmers field, and about 200 people in it, I was so excited i told my church about it and now the youth go out and take care of it, this i also have photos of.

          Hi Candice et all,
          The names of the graves in the cemetery were indexed, by Rolf Rau of High River. The Okotoks FHC has this list.

          Groetjes van Peter......
                 35 years experience in
          USA, Canada, Great Britain, Nederland and Belgium research
          Docs4u Genealogical research     docs4u@...
          http://petervanschaik.consulteert.com