1901 English Census Update

  • Rene
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2002
      Hello English Researchers:

      The latest news from the PRO is:

      > The 1901 Online Service will continue to be available at the Family
      Records Centre and the Public Record Office, Kew until 17.00 hours on
      Friday 23 August. For opening times, directions and other details about
      how to access the service at both the FRC and PRO, Kew please telephone
      020 8392 5200 or visit the PRO website at
      http://www.pro.gov.uk/about/visit.htm

      > Thank you to all of you who have used the service in the past couple
      of weeks and have given us valuable feedback.

      > After the closure of the service at the FRC and Kew we will then be
      evaluating the results of this phase of the testing before deciding
      whether the service is sufficiently robust to initiate public internet
      testing. We hope to make this decision before the end of August.

      Rene