High River school for boys?

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2003
      1906 census for rural High River has a list of pupils, mostly young men over
      20 from England who had immigrated 1903-1906. Was there some kind of school
      for farmers? Households listed before and after are 10-19-27 W4 and 14-19-27
      W4.

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Larry McCool
      Message 2 of 3 , May 18, 2003
        Elizabeth:
        Just a thought but a call to the town office in High River might possibly
        give a lead.

        Larry

        Larry & Doreen McCool
        Calgary, AB Canada
        Our new address is
        mccoollh@...
        Our website is now at

        > 1906 census for rural High River has a list of pupils, mostly young men
        over
        > 20 from England who had immigrated 1903-1906. Was there some kind of
        school
        > for farmers? Households listed before and after are 10-19-27 W4 and
        14-19-27
        > W4.

      • Donna Coulter
        Message 3 of 3 , May 18, 2003
          He Elizabeth;
          Yes there was a school near High River that taught young
          Englishmen about farming.
          I will be able to give you more details later tonight--
          can't get at the books just now.
          A local historian has the knowledge.
          Donna Coulter