Anyone heard of St-François-Bacedu, Felure P.L.?

    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2003
      This place is listed as the birthplace of a woman who had married in Rhode
      Island and after her husband died leaving her with 2 children and an unborn
      child, she moved to Manitoba where she had her third child a few months
      later. Two years later she married in Manitoba and on the 1889 marriage
      record it said she was from St-François-Bacedu, Felure P.L.

      It sounds Acadian but I cannot find it on any map or listing of changed
      place names. Her birth on the 1880 census record in the U.S. is February 07,
      1858.

      So it is not as if it would have been a 1700s name in Acadia but I sure
      cannot find it there or in Louisiana. Any ideas anyone?

      à bientôt,

      Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564