HELP, Help needed for AFHS Library Move

  • John Doyle
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2003
      The AFHS needs your HELP!

      The AFHS library must be moved from Southminster United Church before June 1st.

      THE MOVE IS SCHEDULED FOR THURSDAY, MAY 29th, 08:00am.

      The library materials will be boxed and ready to move.   It will also be necessary to move bookshelves, assorted furniture, photo copier, computer, chairs, etc.

      We will hire at least two (2) casual labourers to assist with the  heavy lifting; our AFHS volunteers will not be exposed to heavy labour!

      We  need 7 volunteers on moving day to:

      1.  One (1) volunteer to pick up the borrowed cube van from Apollo Muffler in Midnapore (Bannister Road) as soon as possible after 8:00am, drive for the day, and return to Bannister Road (after refilling propane tank).

      2.  Three (3) volunteers to remove bookshelves from walls and each other, assist with loading them into the van,  and assist in loading other materials.  With an early 8:15 start we should finish by 2:00pm.

      3. Three (3) volunteers to accept shelving at the new library location at Owls' Rook Books, 712 - 16 Avenue NW, help erect shelves, and place incoming marked boxes of books in front of similarly marked shelves, receive and place assorted chairs, tables, computer and other properties as necessary.  With an early 9:00am start we should finish by 4:00pm.

      The move should be complete by 4:30pm.

      If you can assist please contact me at johnbdoyle@... or by phone at 288-3793.

      John Doyle , AFHS library move co-coordinator.