My Genealogical Present for Mother's Day

    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2003
      Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms!

      Here is what I received for Mother's Day, one day early - I was at the FHC
      yesterday and I finally found the marriage of Robert Stanford to Lydia
      Wallis (also found in other records as Wallace). It was listed in Pallot's
      Marriage Index and only the year was given (1800) and the church: St. George
      in the East.

      Rene tells me that even if I obtain the record, it probably will not tell me
      the parents of the bride and groom but at least I have a year and a parish
      to start looking for their son Joseph's birth record - sometime around 1808
      according to Canadian census records.

      The other tidbit I found was the marriage record for Lt. Maurice Shea to
      Miss Mary O'Connor in Boherbue, County Cork, Ireland in February 1824 (still
      no full date but at least I now know where to look for the record). I also
      found the baptism record for their daughter Julia (even though she was
      mistakenly indexed as Julia Sheahan) on May 16, 1837 in the same location.
      At least now I know where to look for the other children's births/baptisms.

      So I am busy doing my favourite hobby here on Mother's Day and entering the
      new information I obtained yesterday!

      à bientôt,

      Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Douglas Stobbs
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2003
        Hello Xenia:

        > The other tidbit I found was the marriage record for Lt. Maurice Shea to
        > Miss Mary O'Connor in Boherbue, County Cork, Ireland in February 1824 (still
        > no full date but at least I now know where to look for the record). I also
        > found the baptism record for their daughter Julia (even though she was
        > mistakenly indexed as Julia Sheahan) on May 16, 1837 in the same location.
        > At least now I know where to look for the other children's births/baptisms.

        Many thanks for these recent tid-bits. They all add up of course so keep
        going.
        Will pass the news along to Pat.

        Cheers, Doug.

        --
        {Douglas Stobbs, 2420 2nd Ave NW #308, Calgary AB Canada, T2N 0H4.