Re: Zone Alarm

  • Joanne E. Bixby
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2003

      I would be very interested in this software too if anyone could give me some insight on how it works. Is it any better than the firewall that is on windows xp already?

      Warm regards,

      Joanne

      Would be interested in hearing about Zone Alarm. I had it installed at one time but it seemed to slow everything down. HOWEVER, nothing could slow me down as much as battling those confounded Spam thingamees.
      Donna

        Thanks for all your help.  Add 'pop.Telus.net' IP address to my OK list, and now it works.

        Regards,

        Gord Hulbert

      www.Hulbert.ca
    • Bob McNarry
      Message 2 of 7 , May 5, 2003
        Donna Coulter wrote:

        > Would be interested in hearing about Zone Alarm. I had it installed at
        > one time but it seemed to slow everything down. HOWEVER, nothing could
        > slow me down as much as battling those confounded Spam
        > thingamees.Donna

        Donna;

        I made a small error in my message about Mailwasher Pro - it does not
        download your messages. It opens your web browser for you to down load
        the messages that are available after it has dealt with the spam
        messages.

        Bob

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Joanne E. Bixby
        Message 3 of 7 , May 5, 2003
          Hi Donna,

          There is a free program that you can d/l called spampal and it works pretty good for spam.

          I have installed it on a lot of computers and everyone seems to be quite happy with it. The one that I use is called I Hate Spam but unfortunately that one isn't free.

          Hope this helps.

          Warm regards,

          Joanne