Re: Zone Alarm

  • Donna Coulter
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2003
      Would be interested in hearing about Zone Alarm. I had it installed at one time but it seemed to slow everything down. HOWEVER, nothing could slow me down as much as battling those confounded Spam thingamees.
      Donna

      Thanks for all your help.  Add 'pop.Telus.net' IP address to my OK list, and now it works.

      Regards,

      Gord Hulbert
      www.Hulbert.ca
    • Joanne E. Bixby

        Message 3 of 7 , May 5, 2003
          Donna Coulter wrote:

          > Would be interested in hearing about Zone Alarm. I had it installed at
          > one time but it seemed to slow everything down. HOWEVER, nothing could
          > slow me down as much as battling those confounded Spam
          > thingamees.Donna

          Donna;

          I made a small error in my message about Mailwasher Pro - it does not
          download your messages. It opens your web browser for you to down load
          the messages that are available after it has dealt with the spam
          messages.

          Bob

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • Joanne E. Bixby
          Message 4 of 7 , May 5, 2003
            Hi Donna,

            There is a free program that you can d/l called spampal and it works pretty good for spam.

            I have installed it on a lot of computers and everyone seems to be quite happy with it. The one that I use is called I Hate Spam but unfortunately that one isn't free.

            Hope this helps.

            Warm regards,

            Joanne