Zone Alsrm

  • Gord Hulbert
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2003
      Hi all:

      Yesterday, I installed Zone Alarm for the first time.  Got a problem.  I can't send/receive email with MS Outlook Express when Zone Alarm is turned on.  Any suggestions?

      Regards,

      Gord Hulbert
      www.Hulbert.ca
    • Gordon Lane
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2003
        Message
        Get rid of Zone Alarm..

        If you want firewall protection by a router, they are really cheap and don't cause as much trouble as zone alarm does.  When you use a software firewall you slow down your computer as it has to use the brains of the computer, slows down anything that goes out or in on the internet.

        I had problems with receiving my email from Shaw and it was zone alarm, even though I had it configured correctly, it had decided to start acting up.

        Can we move this to compsigtips ?

        Regards

        Gordon Lane
        Treasurer