SENIORS' WEEK - AFHS HELP WANTED

  • william campbell
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2003
      Hi AFHS MEMBERS:

      As you know, we are always looking for opportunities to advance the
      cause of our Society. Since seniors comprise a major portion of our
      membership it seems appropriate for us to show some prominence during
      the designated SENIORS' WEEK, beginning at the end of May.

      We have arranged for a display at two venues and, of course, need to
      provide suitable staff -

      - the Senior's Resource Fair on Saturday MAY 31 at the Calgary Municipal
      Building (next to City Hall) and,
      - the Canadian Association of Retired Persons Open House on Wednesday
      JUNE 4 at the North Glenmore Community Hall, 2231 Longridge Dr. SW.

      To minimize stress and strain we have arranged for shifts with two on
      duty, as follows -

      Saturday May 31 - 9 - 11 am
      11 - 1 pm
      1 - 2:30 pm

      Wednesday June 4 - 10am - 12:30 pm
      12:30 - 3:00 pm

      If you would like to help in these public relations ventures and could
      give our fine old Society a couple of hours of your time, in exchange
      for an opportunity to meet some new folks, perhaps you would let me know
      within the next few days. Please suggest a couple of times that would
      suit you best and I will try my best to put the schedule together to
      meet everyone's needs.
      Our President George Lake and Vice-President Bob Crowle along with Ronna
      Byam and Judy Riddell have already volunteered, but we need a few more.

      If you have any questions please call me at 254-2293

      We look forward to your support.

      Cheers

      Bill
      --
      William A. Campbell
      Calgary, Alberta, Canada

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Heather Jaremko
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2003
        Hello Bill,
        I could help on the 31 of May in the 1-2:30 time slot and also on the 4th
        from 10-12:30
        Heather Jaremko
        > As you know, we are always looking for opportunities to advance the
        > cause of our Society. Since seniors comprise a major portion of our
        > membership it seems appropriate for us to show some prominence during
        > the designated SENIORS' WEEK, beginning at the end of May.
        >
        > We have arranged for a display at two venues and, of course, need to
        > provide suitable staff -
        >
        > - the Senior's Resource Fair on Saturday MAY 31 at the Calgary Municipal
        > Building (next to City Hall) and,
        > - the Canadian Association of Retired Persons Open House on Wednesday
        > JUNE 4 at the North Glenmore Community Hall, 2231 Longridge Dr. SW.
        >
        > To minimize stress and strain we have arranged for shifts with two on
        > duty, as follows -
        >
        > Saturday May 31 - 9 - 11 am
        > 11 - 1 pm
        > 1 - 2:30 pm
        >
        > Wednesday June 4 - 10am - 12:30 pm
        > 12:30 - 3:00 pm
        >
        > If you would like to help in these public relations ventures and could
        > give our fine old Society a couple of hours of your time, in exchange
        > for an opportunity to meet some new folks, perhaps you would let me know
        > within the next few days. Please suggest a couple of times that would
        > suit you best and I will try my best to put the schedule together to
        > meet everyone's needs.
        > Our President George Lake and Vice-President Bob Crowle along with Ronna
        > Byam and Judy Riddell have already volunteered, but we need a few more.
        >
        > If you have any questions please call me at 254-2293
        >
        > We look forward to your support.
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Bill
        > --
        > William A. Campbell
        > Calgary, Alberta, Canada

      • Bunny Warner
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2003
          Hi Bill
          I can help you June 4th in the 10 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. slot. I live in
          Lakeview so it would be convenient.
          Bunny Warner bunny606@...

          > As you know, we are always looking for opportunities to advance the
          > cause of our Society. Since seniors comprise a major portion of our
          > membership it seems appropriate for us to show some prominence during
          > the designated SENIORS' WEEK, beginning at the end of May.
          >
          > We have arranged for a display at two venues and, of course, need to
          > provide suitable staff -
          >
          > - the Senior's Resource Fair on Saturday MAY 31 at the Calgary Municipal
          > Building (next to City Hall) and,
          > - the Canadian Association of Retired Persons Open House on Wednesday
          > JUNE 4 at the North Glenmore Community Hall, 2231 Longridge Dr. SW.
          >
          > To minimize stress and strain we have arranged for shifts with two on
          > duty, as follows -
          >
          > Saturday May 31 - 9 - 11 am
          > 11 - 1 pm
          > 1 - 2:30 pm
          >
          > Wednesday June 4 - 10am - 12:30 pm
          > 12:30 - 3:00 pm
          >
          > If you would like to help in these public relations ventures and could
          > give our fine old Society a couple of hours of your time, in exchange
          > for an opportunity to meet some new folks, perhaps you would let me know
          > within the next few days. Please suggest a couple of times that would
          > suit you best and I will try my best to put the schedule together to
          > meet everyone's needs.
          > Our President George Lake and Vice-President Bob Crowle along with Ronna
          > Byam and Judy Riddell have already volunteered, but we need a few more.
          >
          > If you have any questions please call me at 254-2293
          >
          > We look forward to your support.
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Bill
          > --
          > William A. Campbell
          > Calgary, Alberta, Canada

        • Ethel McDonald
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2003
            Hello Bill:

            I could work on May 31st from 11 am to l pm at the City Hall if that would
            help out.

            Ethel McDonald