Family Roots

  • Pete Brewster
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20 9:08 PM
      Hi All:

      I just received a snailmail at the Luxton Museum in Banff from Bill
      Campbell wondering if we might be interested in promoting the Family
      Roots 2002 conference on Oct. 25 & 26. Said to contact Gordon Hulbert
      (403) 669-8384 if we are interested in an attractive 9" x 14" poster for

      our bulletin board.

      Gordon, I would be happy to put up a poster and I suspect there are a
      number of other AFHS members who would do the same thing at their place
      of work.

      Pete Brewster
    • Judi Lee
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 27, 2002
        On behalf of the LDS community and Family History Centre staff, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Gordon Hulbert, and the other members of his organizing committee for a most memorable event, Family Roots 2002!  It was a long time in the making, but all the hard work payed off.  I was particularly impressed by the professionalism displayed in everything, including the displays, tickets and registration, equipment, publicity, talks, venue preparation, volunteers, etc.  From all accounts, the weekend was a great success and everyone did a fine job!  It was a pleasure for us to have worked with the AFHS and to have been a part of this event.  A special thank you also to Sandy Heninger for the wonderful job she did organizing the Friday DNA event.  The response exceeded our wildest expectations! This has been a wonderful week for the Calgary genealogical community!
        Judi

        ____________________
        Judi Lee
        Director
        Calgary Family History Centre

        Please visit my website at
        <http://members.platinum.ca/julee/welcome.htm>

        Email me
        judi.lee@... <mailto:judi.lee@...>

        "Those who do not look upon themselves as links connecting the past with the future do not perform their duty to the world." -- Daniel Webster

      • Rene Dussome
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 27, 2002
          Thank you Judi. You were a "star" turn yourself, especially with the
          media! Your demonstration of FamilySearch was very professionally done.
          It was apparent that you had done your homework. Thank you for all your
          efforts over many months in helping to make FamilyRoots 2002 a great
          success.

          It was indeed an exciting week for the genealogical community in
          Calgary.

          Rene Dussome