Re: Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter Plus Edition

  • Mary Arthur
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 28, 2003
      I am in control of who is charging to my credit card, but if you are
      not comfortable with Pay Pal, don't use it. You can write a cheque and
      mail it to him. See: http://www.rootsforum.com/plus/paybycheck.htm It
      is worth the $10 US I pay.

      Mary Arthur

      On Monday, Apr 28, 2003, at 12:03 Canada/Mountain, Carol Lylyk wrote:

      > Thanks, I will check that site out.
      >
      > It isn't the amount of the money involved , it is the fact that it is
      > automatically charged. I prefer to be in control of who is charging
      > something to my account.
      >
      > Carol Lylyk

    • Mary Arthur
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 28, 2003
        I would be very worried about the security of my credit card if any
        charges I didn't make showed up (to any company). Pay Pal is a secured
        site and in my opinion, a good way of paying.
        Bill's situation is a good reminder to always check your statement.

        Mary Arthur

        On Monday, Apr 28, 2003, at 12:31 Canada/Mountain, Bill Boogaart wrote:

        > At 12:03 PM 4/28/2003 Monday -0600, Bill wrote:
        > I'm with you. I've never used Paypal and yet I had a charge on my Visa
        > statement from them last month. Needless to say, I've challenged that
        > one.

      • Carol Lylyk
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 28, 2003
          I am not interested in getting a subscription to the Newsletter as I get the
          Standard Edition all the time and usually just skim through that. It was
          just that one article that I was interested in and have since found a site
          that talks about digital photography of tombstones and a good camera to use.
          http://www.interment.net/column/records/digital/digital.htm

          Carol Lylyk