Re: Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter Plus Edition

  • Bill Boogaart
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 28, 2003
      At 12:03 PM 4/28/2003 Monday -0600, you wrote:
      >Thanks, I will check that site out.
      >
      >It isn't the amount of the money involved , it is the fact that it is
      >automatically charged. I prefer to be in control of who is charging
      >something to my account.

      I'm with you. I've never used Paypal and yet I had a charge on my Visa
      statement from them last month. Needless to say, I've challenged that one.

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Mary Arthur
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 28, 2003
        I am in control of who is charging to my credit card, but if you are
        not comfortable with Pay Pal, don't use it. You can write a cheque and
        mail it to him. See: http://www.rootsforum.com/plus/paybycheck.htm It
        is worth the $10 US I pay.

        Mary Arthur

        On Monday, Apr 28, 2003, at 12:03 Canada/Mountain, Carol Lylyk wrote:

        > Thanks, I will check that site out.
        >
        > It isn't the amount of the money involved , it is the fact that it is
        > automatically charged. I prefer to be in control of who is charging
        > something to my account.
        >
        > Carol Lylyk

      • Mary Arthur
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 28, 2003
          I would be very worried about the security of my credit card if any
          charges I didn't make showed up (to any company). Pay Pal is a secured
          site and in my opinion, a good way of paying.
          Bill's situation is a good reminder to always check your statement.

          Mary Arthur

          On Monday, Apr 28, 2003, at 12:31 Canada/Mountain, Bill Boogaart wrote:

          > At 12:03 PM 4/28/2003 Monday -0600, Bill wrote:
          > I'm with you. I've never used Paypal and yet I had a charge on my Visa
          > statement from them last month. Needless to say, I've challenged that
          > one.

        • Carol Lylyk
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 28, 2003
            I am not interested in getting a subscription to the Newsletter as I get the
            Standard Edition all the time and usually just skim through that. It was
            just that one article that I was interested in and have since found a site
            that talks about digital photography of tombstones and a good camera to use.
            http://www.interment.net/column/records/digital/digital.htm

            Carol Lylyk