FTM handout about planning family books

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26, 2003
      6 pm I'm still snowed in by an accumulation of six inches of snow on the
      driveway but the FTM group's handout is available as a 2 page RTF attachment
      if anyone wants to send a private e-mail request for it.

      Made good progress on the 1906 census today, currently working on page 14 of
      Calgary sub-section 22, the town of Didsbury. Names of people in family
      groups related to Aunt Vera are being copied from the Excel transcription
      and pasted to FTM notes. Some of them can be identified in 1881 census CD
      and the 1901 Alberta census transcription.

      Eventually a family book will have an image of each census household from
      the Internet or scanned microfilm copy so readers can "see" what I found.
      Spelling of names is highly variable from one census to another and
      sometimes there are conflicts in birth location or age.

      Rene helped me find Uncle Joe who was with the Army in England at the time
      of 1901 census. He wrote his memoirs about the Boer War in 1967. Census has
      a list of the men (and a few of their families) 146Th, 147Th and 148Th
      Battery R F A. Joe's address was RA Hut Barracks Ewshott, Hampshire. --
      Elizabeth

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 27, 2003
        ER Please send along the handout. Always find your experience and generous
        sharing very helpful. John Currie
        > 6 pm I'm still snowed in by an accumulation of six inches of snow on the
        > driveway but the FTM group's handout is available as a 2 page RTF
        attachment
        > if anyone wants to send a private e-mail request for it.
        >
        > Made good progress on the 1906 census today, currently working on page 14
        of
        > Calgary sub-section 22, the town of Didsbury. Names of people in family
        > groups related to Aunt Vera are being copied from the Excel transcription
        > and pasted to FTM notes. Some of them can be identified in 1881 census CD
        > and the 1901 Alberta census transcription.
        >
        > Eventually a family book will have an image of each census household from
        > the Internet or scanned microfilm copy so readers can "see" what I found.
        > Spelling of names is highly variable from one census to another and
        > sometimes there are conflicts in birth location or age.
        >
        > Rene helped me find Uncle Joe who was with the Army in England at the time
        > of 1901 census. He wrote his memoirs about the Boer War in 1967. Census
        has
        > a list of the men (and a few of their families) 146Th, 147Th and 148Th
        > Battery R F A. Joe's address was RA Hut Barracks Ewshott, Hampshire. --
        > Elizabeth

      • Bill Boogaart
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 27, 2003
          At 06:16 PM 4/26/2003 Saturday -0600, you wrote:
          >6 pm I'm still snowed in by an accumulation of six inches of snow on the
          >driveway

          That's all? I just finished clearing 24 inches of wet snow off my driveway
          up here in Crossfield.

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • Greg Cave
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 27, 2003
            Elizabeth:

            I would like a coy if you would be so kind.

            Greg Cave