VOTERS' LISTS

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20, 2002
      Sorry - no useable data link in this message.

      But, thought I'd share with you a note that I just read on an archives
      list regarding damage to CURRENT records. It's not only the very old
      ones that can be plagued with troubles:

      --------------------------
      ,One of the local papers (Trinidad Guardian) reports that termites have
      chewed up the voter register in Nigeria. ,Authorities this month
      indefinitely postponed local elections, the first polls since 1999 when
      15 years of military rule,ended. Presidential and national elections
      due next year will likely be postponed. The Independent National
      Electoral,Commission "which has complained of being cash starved, was
      now planning to compile a computerised voter register"., , ,When the
      termites chewed through the index were they consuming ter-meta data?
      Food for thought....!,Mark Hopkins
      -----------------------

      --
      In Kinship,
      Judith Rempel, Webster

      and

      afhs@...

      Canadian Genealogical Projects Register
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca/registry/

      FamilyRoots 2002
    • Gordon Williams
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 20, 2002
        Interesting variant on the "Dog ate my homework" ploy!

        Gordon W.