Re: Australia genealogy roadshow

  • Ian Holmes
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2003
      Hi Lois

      Lois Sparling wrote:
      > This looks like a good idea for the AGS to try - an moving family
      > history show to each of their branches.
      >
      > Lois Sparling

      As of this month AGS is 30 years young ;-)

      For much of our history we have worked with our branches (which now
      number 11) to broadcast the genealogy/family history message to all
      parts of Alberta.

      This weekend (April 26) we will be holding our 30th AGS Annual General
      Meeting and Awards Dinner in Grande Prairie in conjunction with an all
      day "GenFair" organized by our Grande Prairie and Peace River Branches.

      I would toss the challenge back to AFHS to participate with AGS in more
      of such "shows" for the upcoming provincial centenary.

      Ian Holmes