Judy and Stan Sparrow - census query

  • Rene Dussome
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2003
      Hi:

      Judy and Stan - will you please send me your current e-mail address? The
      only address I have for you is Cadvision.

      I don't yet have an answer to the question you raised at Monday's
      meeting:

      "What is a monthly nurse?"

      You found this occupation on the 1901 English census.

      I did find something that might interest you on page 25 (middle column)
      of the January 2003 Family Tree Magazine (copy at the FHC).

      I will keep looking in back copies of the magazine. In the meantime I
      can put a query on the 1901 English census mailing list. Please send me
      full details of the relevant entry.

      Rene

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Carol Lylyk
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10, 2003

        > "What is a monthly nurse?"
        >
        > You found this occupation on the 1901 English census.

        MONTHLY NURSE - someone who assisted women during the first month after
        giving birth

        Carol Lylyk

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Rene Dussome