Get1901DataV3b

  • Rene Dussome
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2003
      Good morning to all 1901 English census searchers:

      There were four messages on the 1901 census mailing list this morning:

      > I think that with the introduction of the address search that some changes have been made to the downloaded results pages. Both Leeds Extractor and Get1901data programs do not capture the data now.

      > Just tried Leeds extractor. No go, but Get Data V 3b still works for me using AOL and Windows XP, however the PRO site more often as not says search is taking too long or there are too many results, please modify (or words to that effect). Here's hoping things can be brought back to "normal"

      > I have no problem extracting data with Get1901DataV3b (the automatic extracting version) EXCEPT that the Pce/Folio information no longer appears. All the remaining data seems intact.

      The fourth message was from the author of the program - Brian Pears,
      Gateshead, UK:

      > Actually Get1901DataV3b has a problem at the moment too - the piece/folio number is not accurate. This is due to a change in the page numbering on the site. Apart from that, the program still works and hopefully this problem can be overcome in due course, but no promises. I suspect that other similar programs will be affected in some way by this change.

      * * *

      THE GOOD NEWS IS that I have just done a search for my Rycroft family of
      Wortley and the Get1901DataV3b program captured all 27 names. All the
      information was there except for the piece/folio numbers. Very few
      people on this side of the "pond" use these numbers so it's no big deal
      for us.

      I just wanted to make you all aware of recent developments.

      Rene Dussome