  • Blair BARR
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2003
      A cousin of mine in Salmon Arm, BC sent this message to me.
      He is writhing a story of some of the folks who lived around Hudson's Hope, BC
      Here is part of his message.
      If you have any info could you send reply to him at.

      Martin Kyllo <mkyllo@...>

      The Vernon Archive has a photo taken in
      Calgary some time before 1905 but they think before the turn of the
      century. It includes a man I am interested in who went from Calgary
      with a party to the Finlay in 1886. The party had nine men and this
      photo only seven. Names have been written on the photo as follows:
      Borne, Purchas, Riddle, Morgan, L Christie, J H Christie (the man I am
      interested in), and H B B Hall. As you are aware the spellings are
      always questionable. I did a quick Google search which shows a lot of
      Riddle/Riddel names in Calgary and also a Riddel who chaired a cemetery
      survey. I believe you mentioned working on that survey so if you know
      her would you please see if she knows of any ancestors who were on the
      Finlay around that time? It is not worth doing a lot of work on but
      seemed to be a possibility which could be easily checked out.

      Blair Barr