Park & McKendrick in Lethbridge

  • Jo_an Utson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2003
      The following request appeared on another list I belong to and I'm passing
      it on in case anyone can help this gentleman from Australia.
      Please reply directly to him: sunset23@...

      In Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, the telephone directory lists twelve
      subscribers with the surname PARK, and I am hoping that one or more of these
      are cousins of my wife MATILDA McKENDRICK MILLER, and grandchildren of
      WILLIAM PARK and wife ELIZABETH McKENDRICK, who emigrated to Lethbridge
      around the first quarter of the 20th century.
      In 1900 the family lived in the little village of Gartgill [?] near Gartcosh
      & Coatbridge in the Old Monkland Parish.
      Their children then were:- Alexander, William & John, all below the age of
      8 years.
      William the father, operated a "Dry-Cleaning business" in Lethbridge.
      I am writing to those PARK residents whose address are listed, but I am a
      great believer in advertising [especially when it is free!] hence this
      advice.
      Any assistance from Listers shall be appreciated.
      John Duncan, Melbourne, Australia.

    • candice
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 2003
        Hello:
        dont know if this will be of much use to you...however...you never know...
        I have a Minnie Susannah Robinson Park(Walter Whipple also married her
        sister after ne of them died not sure which though...her name was Caroline
        Armena Park) that was from Minnesota area , She married in South Dakota and
        ended up in Lethbridge with her husband Walter Alvin Whipple....
        Also on another line I have a Lewis Chester Park marring a Ruby May Byers
        all around the late 1890s and early 1900s
        Thought i would let you know that they were in the area at that time.
        Candice in Alberta
        If there is anything i can help you with let me know and ill see if i can
        help.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 12, 2003
          I forget to mention that i sent away your e-mail to a person that does
          research in teh Lethbridge area and he will probably do a few searches for
          you his e-mail is
          Peter van Schaik

          peter.van.schaik@...

          If you would like to contact him he is a excellent rearcher and a great
          friend, he also lives there.
          Candice