1906 census transcription update

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2003
      Here's the "weekly" update on what's gone online - going out to the
      DistGen, and volunteer Transcribers who have contributed to these new
      pages - Since Mar 30

      A. Manitoba
      ===========

      District #3 (Lisgar)
      -----------------------
      Subdist 3 - p.1-4, 34 (Apr 4) (Plum Coulee, Altona)
      Subdist 5 - p. 6-13 (Apr 4) (Plum Coulee)

      District #8 (Selkirk)
      -----------------------
      Subdist 3 - all (Apr 4) (Whitemouth, Ft. William, Ingolf, etc.)

      B. Alberta
      ============

      District #18 (Alberta)
      ---------------------
      Subdist 23 - p. 1-3 (Apr 4) (Claresholm)
      Subdist 11b - all (Apr 3) (Raymond - interesting in that almost 70% of
      the residents captured by the census were born in the USA).

      District #19 (Calgary)
      ---------------------
      Subdist 23 - p. 21-26 (Apr 4) (Olds, Stettler, Okotoks, etc.)
      Subdist 13 - p. 1-9 (Apr 4) (Banff, Canmore, etc.)
      Subdist 14b - p. 14-15 (Apr 4) (Three Hills, Cremona & a bunch of folks
      from Kansas)

      District #20 (Edmonton)
      -------------------------
      Subdist 29 - p.1-2 (Apr 4) (St. Albert)

      District #21 (Strathcona)
      -------------------------
      Subdist 2 - p.2 (Apr 4) (Lloydminster)

      Here are the progress Stats:

      Goal Done
      ---- -------------
      AB 5025 1265 25.2%
      SK 6850 515 7.5%
      MB 9400 386 4.1%
      Total 21275 2166 10.2%

      Overall - 10.2 of the 1906 census is transcribed (up from 9.7% a week
      ago); in Alberta we've done 25.2% (up from 23.9% a week ago).

      Total number of persons' records online now: ca. 86,000

      --
      In Kinship,
      Judith Rempel, Webster

      and

      webster@...

      Canadian Genealogical Projects Register
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca/registry/

      1906 Census Transcription Centre
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/census/1906/

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Donna Coulter
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2003
        That's great Judith, glad everyone is keeping you busy.

        Pt. of Interest That area around Raymond, as well as
        Cardston was settled by Mormons. I think just prior to 1906.
        Donna

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Pete Brewster
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2003
          Raymond Remembered was published by the Raymond History Society in 1993.
          It is a huge book with a great deal of information for anyone interested
          in the area.

          Pete Brewster

          Donna Coulter wrote:

          > That's great Judith, glad everyone is keeping you busy.
          >
          > Pt. of Interest That area around Raymond, as well as
          > Cardston was settled by Mormons. I think just prior to 1906.
          > Donna
          >
          > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • Judith Rempel
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2003
            I did wonder. Asked my poor husband - but he said he wasn't in Alberta
            back then. :-) And, he's the one's with the deep Alberta roots in our
            household! (I only arr'd in 1986).