Re: Federal Voters Lists

  • Wayne Fuller
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4 7:06 AM
      Is this a good one for our library??

      Wayne
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Rene Dussome" <rdussome@...>
      To: "Dist-gen" <dist-gen@...>
      Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 7:30 PM
      Subject: Federal Voters Lists

      > Hi Everyone:
      >
      > The following book may interest people with ancestors in Western Canada:
      >
      > "Federal Voters Lists in Western Canada 1935-1979 by Dave Obee. This is
      > the first comprehensive guide to using federal voters lists in family
      > history research. Dave explains what the lists were for, how they were
      > compiled, and how they can be used. There are samples of what
      > researchers will find, as well as a 30-page guide to the microfilm
      > numbers for all of the federal constituencies in the four western
      > provinces as well as the territories. Federal Voters Lists will make it
      > possible to get the maximum benefit from this underused resource."
      >
      > It can be obtained from Interlink Bookshop in Victoria for $7.95.
      >
      > Note to Mary: I hope this does not contravene the rules of this list. If
      > so, I apologize. It occurred to me that some of our people would find it
      > useful.
      >
      > Rene

    • Carol Lee
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 7 10:41 AM
        Donna,
        We have all 50 disks for the Pedigree Resource File on our network. You are
        welcome to come use them. We will be having a staff training meeting on
        them on Saturday April 26 which you are welcome to attend. One of the staff
        can help you find them, whether you come to the training meeting or not.
        The index for these files is on the familysearch.org website. You can find
        the person you are interested in, but more information is on the disks
        themselves.