Federal Voters Lists

  • Rene Dussome
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2003
      Hi Everyone:

      The following book may interest people with ancestors in Western Canada:

      "Federal Voters Lists in Western Canada 1935-1979 by Dave Obee. This is
      the first comprehensive guide to using federal voters lists in family
      history research. Dave explains what the lists were for, how they were
      compiled, and how they can be used. There are samples of what
      researchers will find, as well as a 30-page guide to the microfilm
      numbers for all of the federal constituencies in the four western
      provinces as well as the territories. Federal Voters Lists will make it
      possible to get the maximum benefit from this underused resource."

      It can be obtained from Interlink Bookshop in Victoria for $7.95.

      Note to Mary: I hope this does not contravene the rules of this list. If
      so, I apologize. It occurred to me that some of our people would find it
      useful.

      Rene

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Donna Coulter
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2003
        Hello Rene and all;

        Great news Rene- I will be sending for one tomorrow. I have
        been looking for voters lists for ages.

        Also a query. Am I correct in thinking that the FHL has the
        CD #17 which I believe is the Pedigree Resource Collection?

        Donna Coulter

        > The following book may interest people with ancestors in
        Western Canada:

        > "Federal Voters Lists in Western Canada 1935-1979 by Dave
        Obee.

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Wayne Fuller
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2003
          Is this a good one for our library??

          Wayne
          > The following book may interest people with ancestors in Western Canada:
          >
          > "Federal Voters Lists in Western Canada 1935-1979 by Dave Obee. This is
          > the first comprehensive guide to using federal voters lists in family
          > history research. Dave explains what the lists were for, how they were
          > compiled, and how they can be used. There are samples of what
          > researchers will find, as well as a 30-page guide to the microfilm
          > numbers for all of the federal constituencies in the four western
          > provinces as well as the territories. Federal Voters Lists will make it
          > possible to get the maximum benefit from this underused resource."
          >
          > It can be obtained from Interlink Bookshop in Victoria for $7.95.
          >
          > Note to Mary: I hope this does not contravene the rules of this list. If
          > so, I apologize. It occurred to me that some of our people would find it
          > useful.
          >
          > Rene

        • Carol Lee
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 7, 2003
            Donna,
            We have all 50 disks for the Pedigree Resource File on our network. You are
            welcome to come use them. We will be having a staff training meeting on
            them on Saturday April 26 which you are welcome to attend. One of the staff
            can help you find them, whether you come to the training meeting or not.
            The index for these files is on the familysearch.org website. You can find
            the person you are interested in, but more information is on the disks
            themselves.